You couldnt make it up

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Apr 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. New curriculum for junior doctors

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4408671.stm

I despair. :roll:

2. Why Ptp? Because they are being trained in these things or because they should already be trained in these things?

3. 8)

4. As I understand it, they already are trained in that sort of thing by the time they get to that stage. My sister is a 3rd year medical student (so something like 2-3 years before they get to the stage they're talking about) and she's doing all of those things right now.
    Let me guess, another politician who doesn't know what they're talking about?

5. General Practitioners are supposed to go through a relicensing procedure on an annual basis.

From what I remember service pilots used to get mugged by a "trapper" or Qualified Helicopter Instructor, who would turn up on spec for a quick test flight to check on pilot's standards.

The BMA run a medical equivalent, unfortunately this one area of patient interface is one where the bar has been artificially lowered for some years now.

The reality is that the profession has taken too long to reconise this and only start to do something about it now.

Never mins, I'm sure they are responsible pillars of the community, :oops: don't you agree Dr Shipman??