You can still have fun !!

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by safetyman, Aug 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Thought you may like to see the collection to date ! We may have some of the most restrictive firearm laws in Europe, but we can still have fun !!

Top - No4 in 7.62 - all parts date stamped 1944, all new making a nigh on new rifle ! A joy to shoot !
    Middle - a Benelli M3 12 guage shotgun - 8 shot semi auto / pump - great for practical shoots and superb for clays !
    Bottom - an AK 104 in 7.62 - extras fitted - full TDi replacement furniture and Barska red dot - just got this and cannot stop driving to the range ! Not the most accurate of rifle but great fun !

lets all keep on shooting !!

Glen

Attached Files:

2. Until the new firearms (consuldation) act 2010 where even a bb gun will get you a life sentence

3. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Where in Europe is that?

4. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I think he means the UK, and that's a single shot AK from RusMil.

5. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Thats not fun, single shots that should be semi autos are tedious!

6. Correct a Saiga 104 straight pull from Rus Mill and supplied via C & G Firearms. And yes it is great fun to shoot ! I get all my semi auto fun with the Benelli !

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Still tedious, it's like having a stoppage every time you fire, admittedly you will go through ammo but it will be cheap and therefore minging dirty and not fit for a decent rifle built for a proper job. I'm sorry to rain on your parade but they are barely a step a bove a deactivated rifle.

8. One word mate - sad !

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

That just about describes it, pretending to have a semi auto and shooting at paper! very sad!

10. You carry on chap. You are more than entitled to your opinion. However the last thing i want on a Monday morning is to have it thrown at me on line !
    It is a sad shame that i notice quite a few people on this site with the same tendency to give attitude or look at forcing a reaction through comments that serve no purpose or constructive input to the thread !
    So please do carry on and maybe we can all laugh at you a little more !

11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Laugh away, you were the one claiming Europe has the most restrictive laws and then didnt front up about the fact it was a straight pull rifle, a decent idea even if a neutered example of the previous Tories mad rush to prevent the police rightly carrying the can over public safety at Hungerford.
    We are not the most restrictive firearms laws in the world, the UK compared to Europe perhaps and that is even perception.
    Japan, Zimbabwe, Israel all have far more restrictive firearms laws for private individuals than we do.
    Some would consider Canada and some US states to have the worst especially when you consider their game laws.
    Firearms are for killing, paper targets are for practice. Target shooting is honing those skills.
    lets not forget that and ensure that it is done respoinsibly. Now were you in say Holland or switzerland or Finland yes I would agree it would be fun. Lying prone and putting up with pettifogging rules from narrow minded officials etermined to preserve their eleite status whilst punching holes in paper. Thats sad.
    Want fun? Get your FAC vaired for stalking, bring along your saiga/Ismash or whatever and we'll show you fun and what your weapon was originally made for or capable of!

12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

The NRA has, as part of their 'code' (as do many, many, other clubs up and down the country) the purpose of keeping alive shooting skills in this country to provide the armed forces with trained shooters in times of war. That's the basis for many clubs gaining charity status too.

So, in respect of punching paper for the purpose of practicing fof the real thing, I concur. Deer Stalking, Boar Hunting, rabbiting, squirreling or any other form of live game or pest hunting could be construed in the same way, and it's also a lot of fun, puts food or money on the table, adds more skills than paper punching alone, and also does a job that is much required in the process of managing the countryside, this being keeping down numbers of animals that a: have no natural predators such as Deer (as well you know), Boar, and of course all the other little critters that cause harm.

So, all in all, hunting all the way for me, with the occasional foray into Hythe, Lydd or Bisley for shits and giggles.

BTW, what's this about you, Japanese rifles and the Imperial War Museum? Something you aren't telling us?

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Just a lecture given by a client, really does help to broaden the knowledge base. Did you know that all WW2 era japanese sniper scopes werent adjustable and were matched to a rifle at the factory. None exist with a matching scope that are known according to US collectors.
    Proper hunting that, nips in the jungle!

14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yeah, that is proper hunting :)

I heard that the Nip rifles weren't that good, certainly not compared to the Allies. That true?

15. So semi-automatic and pump-action shotguns are legal then?