You can get nicked for walking now!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bugsy, Oct 17, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think you're right, busgy. This country has gone stark raving mad.
  2. "...two police cars roared up beside me and cut me off, like a scene from Starsky and Hutch, and officers told me I was being arrested under the Terrorism Act. The harbour master was waffling on and (saying that), because of September 11, I would be arrested and charged.”

Makes perfect sense to me. Pedestrian on a bike path. Al-Zarqawi probably put her up to it.
  3. The Scotsman: Police Defend Terrorism Arrest

4. napier

napier LE Moderator Reviewer

What a bunch of utter, utter, cnuts (the cops, etc. that is).
  5. Grave security breach, all terrorists have to do now is roll up on push-bikes.
  6. Ex RAF copper? :)
  7. From today's Telegraph concerning the police use of the new terror Bill...

Unless that is, you're a dangerous pedestrian.
  8. :roll:
    how can a cyclist not be a threat but a pedistrian probalby some mad Health and safety ruling i.e if you fall in the harbour from a bike thats ok but if you get hit by a cyclist you could sue :( .
    she was warned by the guard. as its probably not a public right of way she would have no lawful right of way but trespass is a civil offense unless its a naval harbour when I think they can hang you 8O .
    the security guard should have been more jobsworth stupid rules are stupid rules but its hardly a police matter :roll:
    many years ago did guard on a barracks that had a public footpath running through it and no perimeter fence some bright eyed loon decided the footpath had to be closed as that would make the barracks more secure :cry:
    spent an entertaining few days running up to dog walkers and trying to get them stop using the footpath :x.
    had one clown thought if someone ignored 3 clear warnings he could shoot them :twisted:
  9. Sounds like the sort of thing that is best addressed with mass trespass (except trespass is not a direct offence up north), anyone got Janet Street Porter's number?
  10. Is that the same as, "I was only following orders."?
  11. Phew, that was close. I misread the title. :oops:
  12. Hmmm, dangerous times. The BIG question is what happens if you fall off your bike? Do you have a wonder-woman like blur and turn into a terrorist as your nose splatters on the tarmac? In which case the logical answer is for the police to install tilt-switch bombs in all bikes so they kill you at the moment of transformation.

Interesting aside - Trespass doesn't exist in Scotland. It's an English law.

Makes these folk even bigger cnuts.
  13. The harbour master is quoted as saying " she was in a secure area which prohibits walking" how the f*ck do they get about then?
  14. Nice One :lol: