You can fool some of the people....

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Legs, Apr 23, 2008.

1. Of course I am, why would they lie?

0 vote(s)
  2. Hahahahaha!

0 vote(s)
  3. Lying bunch of thieving, self-serving w*nkers....

0 vote(s)

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I saw this whilst looking for something else, and I thought "Hmmm, how many would believe this advert if it was printed for an Election this year, 50 years after it was first used...

Attached Files:

2. Gas up, food up , Electric up, tax up, petrol up, immigration up wages the same in real terms less, yes the Government gave themselves a very large pay rise, should not only be voted out - Tory , Lab, Lib Dem or all others but put up against the wall and fu@king shot ( good pre OP training). I am better off , better off sitting in the house doing fu@k all.
  3. Option three describes my opinion on the matter quite adequately.

4. I never thought I would ever say this but I am thinking of seriously looking at this option, and I just know I could get myself fired so easily! I have worked hard all of my life including putting an 8 stretch in for Her Maj (It was a pleasure Ma'am lol) , however a chap from round the corner did this two years ago and has never looked back, he firstly left his job, caused a bit of fuss and got sacked, then divorced his wife and then moved into a flat for a few months, getting housing benefit, council tax relief on top of his job seekers. His next move was a master stroke, his wife said she could no longer cope with his two children so they moved in with daddy. They then applied to go on the housing list, which having two children in a two bed flat was cramped. He was given a three bed house in a not so bad area of town and lives there still. Since then he has all the paperwork ready to buy his house under the "right to buy" scheme so now has to go find another job, this of course is going to end up with him not being able to cope with the kids so they go back to mums. The final master stroke is that once this all occurs him and "ex" suddenly find a new spark in their ripped and torn relationship and get back together, then as you can see they have in two years managed to live for half price, gain an extra property that can be rented out or indeed sold (houses in that area are fetching around £130,000) . Many may slate what he has done but personally i think it is a fantastic way for the layman to shaft this government for once rather than be the shafted!
  5. The only problem as a 22+ soldier you are not entitled to any government relief when unemployed, our crappy 40-55 pension (compared to Police and council road workers) will only pay the basic bill double shaftty.
  6. My bold. Only trouble is, he's not shafting the government, is he? He's shafting all the hard-working, tax-paying members of Joe Public, who have to pay through the nose to support fcuking parasites like him.
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Says the fcuking civil servant with his gold plated pension!!?!?!?
  8. Well, I think the politicians would believe it. And the lawyers, lobbyists, consultants...

And the bankers, lets not forget the bankers. Poor bankers.
  9. But remember inflation is only 2.5 % and Gordon wouldn't lie would he????
  10. Steady now, Biped - don't believe all you read in the press. The average CS pension is only about £4K. Yes, it is final salary and index-linked, but it wasn't too many years ago when the stock market was doing well that everyone in money purchase schemes was p1ssing themselves laughing at us and our p1ss-poor pensions. Swings and roundabouts.
  11. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

That's as may be - but the tax-payer wasn't funding that - and EVERYTHING you get paid, including your pension is completely covered by taxes - taxes that are too high. The pot should be careful what it calls the kettle is all I'm saying.
  12. I totally agree with what you are saying, I really do and generally I would of being of the same "fcucking parasites" type of mindset, but please just think for a minute, yes us workers can hold our head high and proudly say we have paid our way! More than fcuckin paid our way, and the chaqncellor is more than aware of the British stiff upper lip ways as are all the energy suppliers etc "always been with british gas and always will be", the simple fact is although our consciences are clean our pockets are empty. You may say its because of "parasites" well to a point thats true, but does there not come a time when you think "Who is the daft barsteward?" after all I can hardly afford to keep a good standard of living up for my own never mind others, honestly it is getting to a point where many are thinking the same. If you can't beat em, join em! Thing is the state welfare system has gone too far now so for the ordinary joe everything is only gonna get worse, energy prices up over 109 % for gas and 86% for leccy since 2003! Bargain, makes you proud to be paying in now dont it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  13. What are you complaining about, last time I checked (recently) the Armed Forces Pension Scheme was not to be sniffed at. Complain all you want, but in the Forces you get a non-contributary pension which is actually quite good.

Indeed, THAT is also funded by the tax-payers (including Civil Servants and us).
  14. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Yes, but the Armed Forces actually provide a service to this country, whereas most civil servants don't :D

Most civil servants, like taxmen, only provide a service to government.

15. You do actually contribute to your pension. When I left the mob one of my resetlement briefs explained that your pension is based on 93% of your salary, not 100%. So in effect you do contribute (unknowingly) to your pension every month.
    Apparantly questions were asked in the House of Commons a few years back about this.
    I will see if I can find a link.