YOs/Norland Nannies Special Relationship

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by patroltrace, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Married One - Game old girl.

2. Who has not

3. No as don't like the freeks/wide loads they let in

4. I am one

0 vote(s)
  5. My daughter is one

6. Who are they?

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I seem to recall one of my mates telling me about the special relationship between the Gunner YOs and Norland Nannies. Vaguely remember a beery party and meeting some of them; they were mainly like the one on the right

[​IMG] - errrrh (stomach turning)

What was that all about?? Are they hanging out with the Inf now as they are Bath based?

Who applies to be a Norland Nanny anyway??

Have found the website - says nothing about being done over by a loads of Officers. LINK
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I thought it was about Paras on the MV Norland shagging the crew!
  3. Patroltrace,

I don't know about the Gunners, but when the Norland school was based in Berkshire, the gels were a considerable improvement on the other opportunities available to us. I had assumed that they were still there - on the A4 near Newbury. I have fond memories of a target rich environment but they tended towards the intense and mumsy..... A kind of middle class finishing school for those who didn't know what to do with their life and who were looking for husbands.

That was probably terribly unfair of me to say so, so I promise to take my large spoonful of cod liver oil and be in bed by 10 o'clock tonight!

PS: I wasn't invited back!
  4. Ummm my grandmother was a Norland Nanny and a truly scary example of the female race. Hope they've mellowed a bit since her day!
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Not a bit of it.

Was down there for the open day visiting with a friend 3 weeks ago.

Marketing Manager was a YO's party visitor and one of the seniors was/is married to a Gunner (100% hit rate!!!)
  6. Gremlin wrote

Take it you're not referring to the accuracy of the Gunner there!!!! :D
  7. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Steady now toady........ :D
  8. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

I'll have you know that I have never ever dropped short at all

overshot perhaps :)