Yorkshiremen are actually Jocks.

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by saladin, Feb 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mayor of Doncaster Peter Davies said: "It's clearly in the interests of Doncaster to be in Scotland: we'll get free prescriptions, free tuition for students and free care for the elderly.

The Mayor's quote completely nullifies my comparative joke vis a vis the Arg-umentative-nia and Falklands issue!

2. Yeah. The A303

3. Yorkshiremen are Jocks with all the generosity extracted.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alex Salmond could end up with a Southern border on the river trent if he does not put a stop to this.

5. Well I am thinking of declaring Independence for East Anglia, rename myself King Redwald. I can guarantee plenty of pillage and and harassment of our neighbouring kingdom of West Mercia.

6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

We could resurrect the Military Supply Train and run it with essential supplies through the blockade from Edinburgh to our 'countrymen' in the cut off town of Doncaster. :)

7. Doncaster? Is there no level to which the Tories won't stoop in their desperation to stop independence?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Doncasterabad!

9. Have you ever been to Corby?

10. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

According to the Times, Donny has also acquired a cathedral.

11. Down to the M25 would suit me if i got free prescriptions and tuition

12. Yep, but a long time ago. Does it exhibit the same social decline as most places in Yorkshire?

13. Have you ever been to Tipperary?

14. Firstly, Corby is not in Yorkshire.

secondly, the residents of Corby speak with Scots accents, and have names like Crawford and MacTavish and Mac Donald