Yorkshiremen are actually Jocks.

Mayor of Doncaster Peter Davies said: "It's clearly in the interests of Doncaster to be in Scotland: we'll get free prescriptions, free tuition for students and free care for the elderly.

The Mayor's quote completely nullifies my comparative joke vis a vis the Arg-umentative-nia and Falklands issue!

Yorkshiremen are Jocks with all the generosity extracted.

Mayor of Doncaster Peter Davies said: "It's clearly in the interests of Doncaster to be in Scotland: we'll get free prescriptions, free tuition for students and free care for the elderly.
Alex Salmond could end up with a Southern border on the river trent if he does not put a stop to this.

Alex Salmond could end up with a Southern border on the river trent if he does not put a stop to this.
Well I am thinking of declaring Independence for East Anglia, rename myself King Redwald. I can guarantee plenty of pillage and and harassment of our neighbouring kingdom of West Mercia.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
We could resurrect the Military Supply Train and run it with essential supplies through the blockade from Edinburgh to our 'countrymen' in the cut off town of Doncaster. :)

B

Biscuits_AB

Doncaster? Is there no level to which the Tories won't stoop in their desperation to stop independence?

We could resurrect the Military Supply Train and run it with essential supplies through the blockade from Edinburgh to our 'countrymen' in the cut off town of Doncaster. :)
Doncasterabad!

Lots of Jocks (and Geordies) moved to the Yorkshire coalfields as their pits closed in the 60s. Didn't do them much good in the long run.

Maybe if Jockland goes independent, we could wall off Donny to stop leakers trying to sneak across the border to get free prescriptions?

Come back Cold Warriors, Doncaster could be the new Berlin.

Didn't do them much good in the long run
Of course it did, we managed to civilise the buggers.

Not much call for Neeps n Shite, Haggis or Deep fried Mars around here.
Just to muck the remnants about, we insist on Irn Bru in plastic bottles and round
edges on bread and if you ask for a Pint of Heavy you are quite likely to get a slap
off the Heavy.