Yorkshire proping up Scotland

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by polar, Feb 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just seen the start of Trevor McDonald's programme. Scots get £8K+ spent on them and the English get £6K spent on them. Totally unacceptable.

I'm already narked that fuel is so much cheaper down south .... its nearly under a pound a litre.

Why am I being forced to pay more than the rest of the country and get so much less in return
  2. Because Broon and co have to feck the English over to keep everybody else happy.

A fcuking disgrace, and another example of how shite this country and it's Government is.
  3. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

'The English'

What, all of you? Think you'll find that per capita far more is spent on London and the SE than Scotland. See also Newcastle.

Still, why let the facts get in the way of a rant eh?
  4. Because we have unelected and corrupt Scottish politicians in our parliament who should not be there.

We have enough corrupt English ones to f*ck us over without importing extra thanks very much!

5. Is anybody really willing to bet money on how different or foreign they really believe the Scots and the English are?
  6. Because the majority of Yorkshire (excluding the N.Riding, obviously) contains fanatic, hereditary Labour voters who see it as their duty to pay over the odds in taxes in order to maintain their Party in power, but don't recognise that the revenue isn't fairly distributed.

Subsidies go to London and Scotland. Where the MPs reside and get their jollies, and where the boss MPs have their families.

Is this explanation a bit simplistic?
  7. 5 million scots

55 million english

Works out equal then, doesn't it? :roll:
  8. It's simple, give Scotland independence thus removing the likelihood of the Liarbour party ever getting into power in England again.

Who knows, maybe some of the English MP's will seek political asylum in Scotland to escape the hangmans noose for their corruption and treason against the Crown.

Happy Days!

9. Save time and effort and hang them all :twisted:
  10. I know, when will the masses realise this. Was a amusing historical thread on ARRSE last week that chatted about UK history (England under Threat) with a typical ARRSE slant.

I reckon this Yorkshire Labour Borg could easily be bent to the right way, who's up for the Yorkshire Independance Party (we were promised and had self rule over 1000 years ago)
  11. Sixty

Christ, I must be going old and senile. I'm starting to admire the cut of your jib.

12. Sorry Polar but everything between the Humber and the Firth of Forth is Northumbrian land!

We may however allow Yorkshiremen to use the ancient and noble art of Ecky Thump on our enemies.
  13. Yawn, actually if you look at the proper figures, London, North East, N Ireland get more per head than Scotland or Yorkshire.
    Oh yes and presciption charges will be coming down, university fees as fixed for indiginous population and we don't have "Call me Dave" buttering everyone up to try and get in No 10 next time.
    "Because we have unelected and corrupt Scottish politicians in our parliament who should not be there." - They are elected to the Parliament of the United Kingdom.
  14. Cad .. Feck me.

Are those chips getting a bit heavy ??

All of a sudden now that we have a Labour Goverment its all the fault of us Jocks. Has it occured to anyone that 5 million (even if we all voted for them) cant vote in a Goverment against the wishes of 55 million ?? .. or didnt you do basic Arithmetic at School ??

Isnt it funny how the same people getting all upset about having a Scottish Prime Minister and some Jocks in the cabinet are the same ones who have nothing to say when the Tories under Mrs T imposed the Council Tax on Scotland, which went against the act of the Union by taxing one part more than the others ?? .. didnt hear any voices of dissent from England then.

Wassa matter .. spitting the dummy because the days of the ENGLISH majority at Westminster dictating to Scotland Wales and Northern Ireland are gone .. feeling abit inferior are we .. get a grip.

And seeing as I am in the 40k tax bracket and paying more tax than a lot of English voters anyone who says I am getting subsided when I am paying more than others south of the Border can swivel. The way I see it I am subsidising the Dole for a few English chavscum.
  15. Sixty

Mate, if you'd actually read any of my previous posts you'd realise that I'm a card-carrying, all-singing, all-dancing member of the SNP.

It's on Scottish Independence, and only this, that The_Cad and I agree.

Is that your box you should be back in?