Yorkshire Day

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Gremlin, Aug 1, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Today is Yorkshire Day apparantly.

Now I would normally ignore this as it is north of Watford, except for
    reading the comments section at the bottom of the BBC News article:

Link Here

2 examples:

I believe the Lancastrians would say there are only two good things to come out of Yorkshire; Yorkshire Pudding and an empty bus. Mind you, the Yorkshiremen say that only two good things come out of Lancashire; Black Pudding and an empty bus. Who is running the bus company, and which County Council is subsidising it?
    Ray Lashley, Bristol, UK (Son of a Yorkshireman)

Oh please! We have all got more than enough of Yorkshire with the Dingles! Lets face it Yorkshire is in the frozen north where the men are men and the women are men as well!!
    Susan Middleton, Newton abbot
  2. another, probably more apt quote:

"You're confusing me with someone who gives a toss."
    Steve, Notts
  3. Yorkshire. that is a state of mind, not a place!!!
  4. Dunno about Yorkshire Day, but it is Lammastide. An ancient festival to do with the beginning of the harvest season. Adopted by early Christians as Loaf Mass, when they would take a loaf of bread into church (having harvested the corn, milled it etc).
  5. I hate people from Rotherham.
  6. I remember some years ago some numpty Brigade commander commented on our Yorkshire Inf Bn as "Tykes"?
    We should hone our skills as is traditional in Yorkshire. Gamekeepers, Poachers... more like car thief’s and drunks.

I'm from a council estate in Batley!

Is someone cashing in on this trash? Do i have to drink John Smiths? God forbid as its vile. Eat yorkshire puddings? Beat my wife? I hate whippets, flat caps and bloody shite brass bands.

Edit spelling mogness
  7. Have to agree Biscuits I may well be a proud Yorkshire man but there are few places that should be striken from the map.

The whole of South Yorkshire for a start as it full of dee daa di*kheads and chavs, Castleford, Pontefract and Knottingley cos three quarters of the county's inbred dole dossing, benefit scamming scumbags live in these sh*tholes.

And Bradford cos its sh*te.
  8. Baaaaaaaaaarnsley. Now there is one irritating accent.

I also hate the expression "Ah'm in't peedoubleyaohhh".
  9. Fantastic
  10. What the feck does that mean then?
  11. Perhaps he was a deedoubleyaahhh?

12. No youth, he were definately in't 'peedoubleyaohhh'

I thought that he were gonna tell me that he were in't Greenowards or
    t' Jooks.

Ah'll si'thee
  13. Rotherham is a fcuking dump. So is the footy ground.
  14. I only know 2 people from Rotherham and one of them robbed me.
  15. Of your virginity?