Yorkshire CCC

G4Star

On ROPS
On ROPs
MP's are calling for the board of Yorkshire County Cricket Club to resign after a leaked report emerged apparently containing details of the investigation into the treatment of Azeem Rafiq. A story published by ESPN says the report had concluded that a racially offensive term used towards Rafiq was regarded as "banter".

So are they all a bunch of racists at YCCC or all a storm in a tea cup lad.

News Source @ Board 'should resign' over Rafiq report

As usual, it's not the event but the cover up that has elevated this issue from minor local difficulty to MP's getting involved.

It's been a slow burner that the board could/should have dealt with a lot sooner, if what I've heard and read is correct.

In Urdu the word 'pak ' means 'pure'. Interesting ?
Pakistan means the 'pure land' because all non muslims had been driven out or butchered in 1947.

I did have to smile at the poor choice of expression from Sajid Javid on the matter. That... 'Heads should roll'. As some of a certain persuasion have form for taking this expression literally.

dlrg

LE
Does this mean we can't say, Aussie, Kiwi, Jap, Yank, Frog, Kraut, Jock, Taff, Cockney, Ginge, Lanky, Spotty,..... etc 'cos it might be discriminatory? Some people ought to get out of that cotton wool wrapping.

Nobbygas

Old-Salt
Does this mean we can't say, Aussie, Kiwi, Jap, Yank, Frog, Kraut, Jock, Taff, Cockney, Ginge, Lanky, Spotty,..... etc 'cos it might be discriminatory? Some people ought to get out of that cotton wool wrapping.
I shall be sending my MP a strong worded letter, in a very harsh font, if I see the "Brit" Awards on the tele again !

G4Star

On ROPS
On ROPs
That is a cracking suggestion there. Any hint of racism and someone will find some acid being thrown over them. That'll learn em.
Aye up lad the yorkshire of barnsley cricket club will be out in force to stop the desecration of the game.
Geoff Boycott made a Sir by Mrs May will have to go from der committee too.
Even Michael Vaughan now on the naughty step for being a rascist.

Reminds me of this from father ted.

MP's are calling for the board of Yorkshire County Cricket Club to resign after a leaked report emerged apparently containing details of the investigation into the treatment of Azeem Rafiq. A story published by ESPN says the report had concluded that a racially offensive term used towards Rafiq was regarded as "banter".
If you think that's bad - wait until the details are leaked of the investigation into Derbyshire County Cricket Club regarding the treatment of Boyd Rankin, which concluded that a racially offensive term (the 'P-word' ) used towards the Irishman was regarded as "banter".

:razz:

dlrg

LE
I shall be sending my MP a strong worded letter, in a very harsh font, if I see the "Brit" Awards on the tele again !
Well said Nobby (sorry for the potentially offensive and abusive use of your caller-sign).
I'll get off the 'outrage bus' now!

dlrg

LE
If you think that's bad - wait until the details are leaked of the investigation into Derbyshire County Cricket Club regarding the treatment of Boyd Rankin, which concluded that a racially offensive term (the 'P-word' ) used towards the Irishman was regarded as "banter".

:razz:
Some might remember Packie Bonner - Wikipedia

images

Latest Threads