Yorkshire - A Culture Shock ??

It would just be a shock, there is no culture there to speak of.

Enter jarrod with all guns blazing

And arse spitting fire........

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
there's loads of culture, it just depends on which bit you are in.

yorkshire is like australia - you can live in the city and have a normal life where they dont burn you at the stake for being gay, there's a famous sandy bit you where you can surf, an area with bugger all in in it and other areas where they speak in forn languages and still draw on cave walls.

Yep. Spot on!

Yorkshire.....

A formerly proud county once inhabited by tough working men, tough farmers and tough local gentry. Local passtimes included rugby, bare knuckle boxing and expressing contempt for effete neighbours. The men also had a number of amusements.

Today it's a run down shitehole inhabited by skag heads, 3rd generation unemployed and would be Jihadis. It should be bulldozed and reforrested.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Yorkshire.....

A formerly proud county once inhabited by tough working men, tough farmers and tough local gentry. Local passtimes included rugby, bare knuckle boxing and expressing contempt for effete neighbours. The men also had a number of amusements.

Today it's a run down shitehole inhabited by skag heads, 3rd generation unemployed and would be Jihadis. It should be bulldozed and reforrested.
I take it that you are the Media Manager for Visit Yorkshire!

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
insert name of english county here...

fixed that for you

The Yorkshire dales a once hard working rural community now inhabited by soft southern shandy swilling millionaires(just watch Emmerdale).It must be shit the Army choose to build a garrison there.;-)

I'm sure in such a large area somewhere nice could be found for the little darlings - but not in Huddersfield.
How do you know that they're little darlings? For all we know, they may be aged 8 and 9 and are in care because they murdered their mother who wouldn't cough up for their daily fix.

I survived working in Wakefield just, with no side effects. BUT can you picture the horror
of being located a bit furthur up in Hartlepool?I was drafted to Reserve Fleet British West Hartlepool back in the 50s. I am still in deep therapy. The Yanks would class it as "Cruel and unusual punishment!"

Catterick.

End of thread.

I'm sure in such a large area somewhere nice could be found for the little darlings - but not in Huddersfield.
I started reading and I thought .... wait for it wait for it... west yorks. then which bit... bets on west west yorks - odds on huddersfield.. and bingo.

So it's really some sort of social economic ism ... is it racism, classism, castism and/or the social worker just is plain stupid.

I survived working in Wakefield just, with no side effects. BUT can you picture the horror
of being located a bit furthur up in Hartlepool?I was drafted to Reserve Fleet British West Hartlepool back in the 50s. I am still in deep therapy. The Yanks would class it as "Cruel and unusual punishment!"
You need a map showing county boundaries.

Please tell me you weren't the Navigator.

You weren't responsible for this, by any chance? BBC News | EUROPE | Spanish smiles over invasion gaffe

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R The NAAFI Bar 1
polar Infantry 11
ViroBono The Intelligence Cell 32