Yon Reminds of Nature of Our Enemy

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by jumpinjarhead, Mar 13, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Lest we forget....

2. It is a typical method of black PR. Someone unnamed said that something happened somewhere.

3. Sorry Sergei but in this case I'm calling bullshit. Yon has been with my old unit in Basra and Sangin, he tells it straight and has ruffled some well manicured feathers in the process.

4. Sorry, in turn, Strait_Jacket, but you've yet to prove Sergey wrong! And believe me, he knows much more about the subject than any of us.

All we have to go on is what JJ said happened. Some sort of link would do a lot to disparage any doubts.

MsG

5. Just done a search on the text quoted - nothing foundexcept for ARRSE.

6. removed due to double posting

7. This is old news. The BBC carried this story two weeks ago (17 February)
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/8519507.stm

"Gen Mohiudin Ghori said his soldiers had seen Taliban fighters placing women and children on the roofs of buildings and firing from behind them."

8. Just done a search on the subject whet

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Whet

Edited once, as the cooking sherry is no excuse.

9. Stupid boy, Scalie.

Didn't I say that I searched for the text quoted? So - where in the examples you linked to are the exact words JJ quoted? You see, the doubts cast are not that stories about the Taliban but that Yon reported on eye witnesses to the stories.

In JJs defence it may be that Yon used Twitter to bring his message to his readers, but given JJs post we do not know that since he and google are not forthcoming.

Now go and boil your head, you fatuous w@nker

10. Yes, I can see that this might be an example of your grasp on vocabulary.

11. It could be worse, I could be weaning myself of Prozac, but I'll get there eventually. You're just a blob of fat, and think the world owes you a living.
    I don't want to get personal, but you are a twat. Oh by the way, I work for a living, are you a role model for your local constituents.

12. So, as the proof we have here Gen Mohiudin Ghori's words.. It reminds me of the source for the 45 minute Iraque WMD readiness - a cabby ..

13. I did not say it happened but merely re-posted Yon's.

14. 'Sorry for all the confusion-I follow Yon on my Facebook and he twittered the information. Bear with me--I am still learning all this social networking (my daughter put me up on FB and I still have no idea about tweets). I had assumed the information I put up was on his usual blog.