Yon Reminds of Nature of Our Enemy

From Yon's post today:

Talked with a US intelligence officer tonight. We talked about many things, including the Marjah offensive. He had been out there for the fight. The Soldier said that Taliban had stationed kids on the roofs of some of the compounds they were fighting from. The Taliban used children for human shields, he said.
Lest we forget....

jumpinjarhead said:
From Yon's post today:

Talked with a US intelligence officer tonight. We talked about many things, including the Marjah offensive. He had been out there for the fight. The Soldier said that Taliban had stationed kids on the roofs of some of the compounds they were fighting from. The Taliban used children for human shields, he said.
Lest we forget....
It is a typical method of black PR. Someone unnamed said that something happened somewhere.

KGB_resident said:
jumpinjarhead said:
From Yon's post today:

Lest we forget....
It is a typical method of black PR. Someone unnamed said that something happened somewhere.
Sorry Sergei but in this case I'm calling bullshit. Yon has been with my old unit in Basra and Sangin, he tells it straight and has ruffled some well manicured feathers in the process.

Strait_Jacket said:
KGB_resident said:
jumpinjarhead said:
From Yon's post today:

Lest we forget....
Sorry Sergei but in this case I'm calling bullshit. Yon has been with my old unit in Basra and Sangin, he tells it straight and has ruffled some well manicured feathers in the process.
Sorry, in turn, Strait_Jacket, but you've yet to prove Sergey wrong! And believe me, he knows much more about the subject than any of us.

All we have to go on is what JJ said happened. Some sort of link would do a lot to disparage any doubts.

MsG

scalieback said:
Stupid boy, Scalie.

Didn't I say that I searched for the text quoted? So - where in the examples you linked to are the exact words JJ quoted? You see, the doubts cast are not that stories about the Taliban but that Yon reported on eye witnesses to the stories.

In JJs defence it may be that Yon used Twitter to bring his message to his readers, but given JJs post we do not know that since he and google are not forthcoming.

Now go and boil your head, you fatuous w@nker

hairyarse2 said:
Whet said:
Just done a search on the text quoted - nothing foundexcept for ARRSE.
Just done a search on the subject whet

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Whet

used when a situation is awkward and deserves no response because the comment was to dumb to answer with a real answer.

Not associated with "wit"
Edited once, as the cooking sherry is no excuse.
Yes, I can see that this might be an example of your grasp on vocabulary.

Whet said:
hairyarse2 said:
Whet said:
Just done a search on the text quoted - nothing foundexcept for ARRSE.
Just done a search on the subject whet

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Whet

used when a situation is awkward and deserves no response because the comment was to dumb to answer with a real answer.

Not associated with "wit"
Edited once, as the cooking sherry is no excuse.
Yes, I can see that this might be an example of your grasp on vocabulary.
It could be worse, I could be weaning myself of Prozac, but I'll get there eventually. You're just a blob of fat, and think the world owes you a living.
I don't want to get personal, but you are a twat. Oh by the way, I work for a living, are you a role model for your local constituents.

So, as the proof we have here Gen Mohiudin Ghori's words.. It reminds me of the source for the 45 minute Iraque WMD readiness - a cabby ..

Bugsy said:
Strait_Jacket said:
KGB_resident said:
jumpinjarhead said:
From Yon's post today:

Lest we forget....
Sorry, in turn, Strait_Jacket, but you've yet to prove Sergey wrong! And believe me, he knows much more about the subject than any of us.

All we have to go on is what JJ said happened. Some sort of link would do a lot to disparage any doubts.

MsG
I did not say it happened but merely re-posted Yon's.

Whet said:
scalieback said:
Stupid boy, Scalie.

Didn't I say that I searched for the text quoted? So - where in the examples you linked to are the exact words JJ quoted? You see, the doubts cast are not that stories about the Taliban but that Yon reported on eye witnesses to the stories.

In JJs defence it may be that Yon used Twitter to bring his message to his readers, but given JJs post we do not know that since he and google are not forthcoming.

Now go and boil your head, you fatuous w@nker
'Sorry for all the confusion-I follow Yon on my Facebook and he twittered the information. Bear with me--I am still learning all this social networking (my daughter put me up on FB and I still have no idea about tweets). I had assumed the information I put up was on his usual blog.

This is on his Facebook page:
Michael Yon
Interesting note: the intelligence officer who told me that the Taliban had been forcing kids on roofs in Marjah (avoiding airstrikes), said that for once the Taliban had a hard time using propaganda on us. The Marines (believe he said Marines) were overwhelming them with accusations about human shields and so forth. He said the Taliban were wasting their quality propaganda time defending against our accusations.

http://www.facebook.com/MichaelYonFanPage

Seriously, if I wanted to follow Yons twitter I would. I know you present information, but why do you think I can't find it for myself?

jumpinjarhead said:
This is on his Facebook page:
Michael Yon
Interesting note: the intelligence officer who told me that the Taliban had been forcing kids on roofs in Marjah (avoiding airstrikes), said that for once the Taliban had a hard time using propaganda on us. The Marines (believe he said Marines) were overwhelming them with accusations about human shields and so forth. He said the Taliban were wasting their quality propaganda time defending against our accusations.

http://www.facebook.com/MichaelYonFanPage
Hope that's even half-way accurate.

If it is, after 9 years in Afg (with plenty of prior learning opportunities elsewhere since at least 1995), "we" are beginning to get the hang of this "Information Ops" business.

Still got a long way to go, though.

CQMS said:
Seriously, if I wanted to follow Yons twitter I would. I know you present information, but why do you think I can't find it for myself?
I think the solution to your apparent difficulty with all of my posts is to merely pass them by and do not trouble yourself with them any further. Adieu and cheers!

Latest Threads