yeti wilderness gaiter

Hi, guys in need of some advice.

Been offered some yeti wilderness gaiters for a rather reasonable price. But will they fit on my AltBergs (Warrior Aqua) - The sole seems pretty stiff and I thought it would fit fine without bending but the lady at alt berg said they are not stiff enough.... but we can fit you with a really expensive sole so they will.

So - Will they work or not? Anybody out there use them? The reason I ask is that I am off to some dark Scottish bog for several months and dry feet would be appreciated.

Cheers

2/51

LE
I used to use Yetis on a pair of Scapa boots. Super difficult to fit and take off but once on, great. The boots were crampon compatible so had a steel shank to stop them flexing so much.

I have issued AltBerg Defenders and I would agree with the lady at altBerg, they will cause you issues. As the fit is so tight with Yetis, I can see the toe of the boot being pulled back by the gaiter and causing problems with walking over a long period.

Altberg have a reputation for being pretty honest with their products so I would either buy a second pair of suitable boots or get the sole swapped. the old German Mountain Lowas are suitable and can be sourced cheap(ish)

I used to use Yetis on a pair of Scapa boots. Super difficult to fit and take off but once on, great. The boots were crampon compatible so had a steel shank to stop them flexing so much.

I have issued AltBerg Defenders and I would agree with the lady at altBerg, they will cause you issues. As the fit is so tight with Yetis, I can see the toe of the boot being pulled back by the gaiter and causing problems with walking over a long period.

Altberg have a reputation for being pretty honest with their products so I would either buy a second pair of suitable boots or get the sole swapped. the old German Mountain Lowas are suitable and can be sourced cheap(ish)
The issue high liability Haix brown boots works with yetis. From personal experience.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

I reckon they'll fit

Latest Threads