Yet more stench around Blair

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Blogg, May 26, 2017.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not read the whole thread but: Blair gave in to terrorism. Blair forgave hundreds of terrorists and let them out of gaol even though they had carried out hideous murders. Today the world has a terrorist problem like never before, those embarking upon a career in acts of evil terror know they will be hugged and cosetted to eventually as has happened in a major world infuential power. History is the judge.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Ahh right. Wrong Orton!

3. Hold up I'm no fan of Blair however some facts are perhaps needed here.The royal pardon was exercised in the province at least 365 times between 1979 (when Maggie was in power) and 2002.
    The bulk of the cases – 347 – from the period 1979 to 1986 are non-terrorism related and predate the peace process. A number of Loyalist and Republican ‘super-grasses’ who gave key evidence at court cases during the Troubles.
    However, it is believed that around 10 per cent of the earlier pardons – and the majority of those issued under Tony Blair’s government between 1997 and 2002 – did relate to terror offences.
    So not actually the "hundeds of terrorists" as mentioned.I also fail to see how the pardons create a world wide terrorism problem?

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. He didn't actually say they were all pardoned did he?

5. The so called supergrasses I never believe was a right action, other than to increase the terrorist internal suspicion and feuding which did become beneficial to the intelligence community albeit with a few unexplained deaths en route (Stalker investigation). The point I make is that these animals were released from prison having committed the most vile murders as if nothing had happened. No conditions apart from a friendly hug from Mo Mowlem saying go home and be with your families, (many of whom had had their daughters shagged by British Soldiers). Can anybody on here imagine this sort of action happening in the US? What if they were not murderers but merely child rapists which history proves that many of them are? Would society have been so willing to welcome them into the fold as community leaders? The year after they were given their release there was the 9/11 terrorist attack. History will be the judge.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1