Yet more stench around Blair

I despised the man as soon as I learned that he'd sold Westminster cemeteries to his cronies for 15p and then fled the country to escape prosecution.

This was late 80's early 90's wasn't it?

What did it have to do with Blair? Genuine question.

And what is he actually supposed to have done that breaks the law?

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I see Blair is playing one of his trump cards (No not the trump with the dodgy hair) in saying that the NI Peace will be disrupted by Brexit. Why doesnt he just leave it.

widow11 has had a busy evening giving out 'Show a braincell' ratings.

Christmas festivities arrangements fallen flat again I guess ?
He clearly has something on his mind, but isn’t inclined to share it with those of us who were on the receiving end of his efforts.
Oh hum.

What does 'show again braincell' mean? I assume the term is some form of insult as it is short and ugly - much as i imagine the people who award it to be.
But there is no point of reference as it exists nowhere else, so what does it mean?

What does 'show again braincell' mean? I assume the term is some form of insult as it is short and ugly - much as i imagine the people who award it to be.
But there is no point of reference as it exists nowhere else, so what does it mean?
Not quite sure if it’s a new sock puppet being tried out and the old instincts of the poster can’t help sneaking out ( or maybe it’s Cherie)
Not quite sure why my post so offended, maybe she thinks the 7 and a half billion the f&m mishandling cost was good value.
And before bravo bravo has another poke the reason I lost my thriving flying school was in a comp deal defra swapped a 40 k asset at great Orion ( shagged runway) for £230 000 cash and then 2 millions worth of farm and runways at our site with a bent lawyer doing both sides of the compensation deal so they slipped in a clause so my company no longer had acess to the runway.
Two years later Margret Becket said it was “ uneconomic” to find the paperwork” which had mysteriously all been mislaid,
Which was nice

Not quite sure if it’s a new sock puppet being tried out and the old instincts of the poster can’t help sneaking out ( or maybe it’s Cherie)
Not quite sure why my post so offended, maybe she thinks the 7 and a half billion the f&m mishandling cost was good value.
And before bravo bravo has another poke the reason I lost my thriving flying school was in a comp deal defra swapped a 40 k asset at great Orion ( shagged runway) for £230 000 cash and then 2 millions worth of farm and runways at our site with a bent lawyer doing both sides of the compensation deal so they slipped in a clause so my company no longer had acess to the runway.
Two years later Margret Becket said it was “ uneconomic” to find the paperwork” which had mysteriously all been mislaid,
Which was nice
Well I never did. I am born and bred in these parts but I didn't know there was a runway at Gt Orton.

Originally much longer than Carlisle’s one. The ********* who had it for 40 k couldn’t make a go of it ( unless with people) so when defra,s minion offered them loads of cash and then a monopoly grip on our field to milk they jumped right in. ( and fuc#d it up as well, kirkbride is like the Mary Celeste in comparison to when I taught there) still I’m sure the 75 hectare arable farm us taxpayers gave them is some comfort.

Not read the whole thread but: Blair gave in to terrorism. Blair forgave hundreds of terrorists and let them out of gaol even though they had carried out hideous murders. Today the world has a terrorist problem like never before, those embarking upon a career in acts of evil terror know they will be hugged and cosetted to eventually as has happened in a major world infuential power. History is the judge.

Not read the whole thread but: Blair gave in to terrorism. Blair forgave hundreds of terrorists and let them out of gaol even though they had carried out hideous murders. Today the world has a terrorist problem like never before, those embarking upon a career in acts of evil terror know they will be hugged and cosetted to eventually as has happened in a major world infuential power. History is the judge.
Hold up I'm no fan of Blair however some facts are perhaps needed here.The royal pardon was exercised in the province at least 365 times between 1979 (when Maggie was in power) and 2002.
The bulk of the cases – 347 – from the period 1979 to 1986 are non-terrorism related and predate the peace process. A number of Loyalist and Republican ‘super-grasses’ who gave key evidence at court cases during the Troubles.
However, it is believed that around 10 per cent of the earlier pardons – and the majority of those issued under Tony Blair’s government between 1997 and 2002 – did relate to terror offences.
So not actually the "hundeds of terrorists" as mentioned.I also fail to see how the pardons create a world wide terrorism problem?

Hold up I'm no fan of Blair however some facts are perhaps needed here.The royal pardon was exercised in the province at least 365 times between 1979 (when Maggie was in power) and 2002.
The bulk of the cases – 347 – from the period 1979 to 1986 are non-terrorism related and predate the peace process. A number of Loyalist and Republican ‘super-grasses’ who gave key evidence at court cases during the Troubles.
However, it is believed that around 10 per cent of the earlier pardons – and the majority of those issued under Tony Blair’s government between 1997 and 2002 – did relate to terror offences.
So not actually the "hundeds of terrorists" as mentioned.I also fail to see how the pardons create a world wide terrorism problem?
He didn't actually say they were all pardoned did he?

The so called supergrasses I never believe was a right action, other than to increase the terrorist internal suspicion and feuding which did become beneficial to the intelligence community albeit with a few unexplained deaths en route (Stalker investigation). The point I make is that these animals were released from prison having committed the most vile murders as if nothing had happened. No conditions apart from a friendly hug from Mo Mowlem saying go home and be with your families, (many of whom had had their daughters shagged by British Soldiers). Can anybody on here imagine this sort of action happening in the US? What if they were not murderers but merely child rapists which history proves that many of them are? Would society have been so willing to welcome them into the fold as community leaders? The year after they were given their release there was the 9/11 terrorist attack. History will be the judge.