Yet More Prisoner Abuse Allegations

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Door_Bundle_Mk2, Feb 11, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. More allegations from the tabloids.

BBC News

There's a report on the TV news on BBC1 now too.

2. When will they learn

3. Anyone know which regiment?

4. I don't trust that paper... ever never trust a tabloid and abuse claims or for a source of any real news.

5. Am I the only one who finds it a tad ironic that the papers will not print "offensive" cartoons in case it causes unrest amongst the muslim population...but they are perfectly happy to print a story that may cause an increase in attacks on British troops?
    Must just be me, then.

6. Exactly what I was thinking...

7. I just posted the same type of comment on the thread in Cuurent Affairs forum.

8. That Video - From NOTW

"There is no doubt that this video will worsen relations between British soldiers and the Iraqi people, and between Britain and the Islamic world. That's why it's our main news story, with more in pages 3,4,5 and 7. You can see the pictures (and others) in colour next week in our pull-out special 'Images of Abuse - Photographs from Iraq', a review of the British Council exhibition of the same name which is currently at the Institute of Contemporary Arts before starting its world tour.

Unfortunately, for reasons of space we have had to drop the two year old story about a crowd of Iraqi youths attempting to kill some soldiers with stones and home-made grenades. Those soldiers responding, not with bullets, but with batons and riot shields.

Other news - "Publishing those cartoons would worsen relations between Britain and the Islamic world, so we won't publish them. Nothing to do with death threats. Honest""

9. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Just heard on R4 that 2 Iraqi youths have come forward saying they intend to sue for being roughed up. Sigh.

10. Is there not some form of time restriction for compensation? This does my box in!

11. I first heard this story on BBC Radio Scotland news this morning.

On the early bulletins they were part of a crowd of about 270 unemployed bods who had stated to throw rocks and the like.

By the lunch-time bulletin, any reference to what I suppose was a riot had disappeared.

12. Paid to by NoTW no doubt

13. As a retired soldier, I take a keen interest about the armed forces. By what I saw on the tele, the soldiers concerned were well out of order! Havin said that, by presentin those pictures on the box will only incite more killin by Irakis. the bods concerened should be dealt with, yeah, but the film should not have been shown!

14. from what i understand , the squaddies was only knocking some sense into the Really "hard" Iraqis , wh o were mewling for mercy after a knock on the head , which is a damn sight less than they would have got off Saddam, i would like to see them sueing saddam :roll:
    if this shite carries on , nobody is going ot want to join up and the sooner we leave them to it the beteer , by the tiem they start begging us to come back , i would say "too late Told you so" comes to mind