Yet more 'carriers are the messiah' drivel from the Phoenix Think Tank...

Discussion in 'Strategic Defence & Spending Review (SDSR)' started by jim30, May 3, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Meh.

(10 letters)
  2. As someone who is actualy in favour* of carrier air/amphib/etc I sometimes wonder if this lot are actualy serving RAF officers attempting to discredit the arguement...

*But considers the choices made currently about how to provide it rather depressing.
  3. Jim - Are you really this desperate to express your anti-carrier sentiments? The article in your link appears to be over five months old:

4. Sorry Dun - I only picked up the article this morning, didnt spot the date on it. My bad on that.
  5. Still, a timely reminder of the Tool that is Alexander... (Esp. with the Pompey media idiocy re Harriers)
  6. I have a theory about the author of this site. I believe that he gushes on his thinktank because of the feeling of liberation that you get writing about topics that interest you without the burden of proof that academic writing forces upon the author. Well It's what I feel when I write on my blog.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  7. The principle researcher should stick to playing with airfix carriers in his bath.

Don't feel bad Sir, the Principle Researcher has been building a new website in between building his airfix carriers but he assures me a torrent of wisdom is winging our way as we speak.
  8. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

What principles does he research?
  9. I was just wondering what you guys thought about this?

On Battleland A provocative vision of a post-supercarrier US Navy by T.P.M. Barnett
    This is in the US context of still have having multiple supercarriers with fast jets on them and no Frenchmen in sight.