(Yet Another) Site Upgrade

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Mar 24, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

As you all know, we love tinkering with the site in the name of improving the 'ARRSE Experience' ..... Well we're about to do another upgrade to allow people with wider screens to make the most of them by making the site full page width on every monitor. What this means is that the site will go down in approximately 15-30 mins for a max of 30 mins (hopefully less).

Sorry but we hope you'll agree the result is worth it.
  2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Can you make it at about 1100hrs, I have a meeting.

What am I meant to do? I don't wanna do any ******* housework, read a bloody book, take the dogs for a walk or sit here and do **** all.

Bugger it, I'll watch cBeebies instead.
  4. Oh well looks as though i will have to do some work then , moan grumble moan !!
  5. *Snigger*....internet vasaline required!......Now just get ******* on with it! :grin:
  6. Bollocks! Same here.

One is not amused, Bad CO.
  7. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Well we're back online but still quite a bit of tidying up work to do! Pse bear with us .....
  8. It looks good, but it'll take a bit of getting used to. :)
  9. Looks groovy.
    Working fine for me.
  10. Working fine but i can't seem to find the NAAFI bar.
  11. I have fullscreen! Looks great! Superb....but lost the "last 50 posts"

Ditto - where the fcuk have you put it?
  12. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Where's the front page gone?
  13. A little slow, although that may be a problem at my end. Otherwise looks good!
  14. Here's the screenshoot, although it has changed since I posted - it now has an ad bock taking up almost 1/3rd of my screen width on the right! (4th attempt at posting this aaarggh!!)

15. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Yes, we've taken ads out of the are immediately above the forum and made use of the full screen width to shift them to the right. The result is that content should be higher up the page. The ads should never interfere with page use as with a screen smaller than 1024 px wide they will disappear off to the right. All in all an improvement, no? We have to keep ads on to keep the wheels turning, but usability has improved?