Yet another SF unit?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Taz_786, Apr 16, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I think we should now have our own version of SOCOM.

2. Ooooh, Im not sure that that green background will go with crab blue..... shocking. Where are the SF Fashonistas when you need them.

3. Definitely NOT going to the away game at Cardiff now. No more quiet drinks at the St Athans locals now and they'll need the SAS to keep order in the NAAFI. Volunteers for canteen cowboy?

4. will that now give st athan a lifeline :?: :?: :?: :?: as i heard from one of the civilian sparks there that they were looking at closing the camp :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

5. I've heard a lot of things about the future of St Athan. Not all bad either!! It's being mooted as a possible location for the RN air engineering school (SORRY, College of Aeronautical Engineering :roll: ) if/when it leaves HMS Sultan in Gosport along with RAF Cosford.

Mind you, Barry was rough as fcuk before. Imagine what it'd be like with numerous pissed up chavs, booties and paras!!! 8O

6. Why is the AE school moving again? Jointery?

7. What's surprising is why they've not re-activated some of the wartime special forces/operations units, for exampleRaiding Support Regiment as opposed to the Special Reconnaissance Regiment.

All the MoD need to do is invest in a couple of Osprey books 8) :wink:

8. It will give the Walts another unit to belong to, let's spot the first one!!

9. Isn't this just the para ranger unit?

10. Para-ranger - wasn't it meant to be based on 1 PARA ? Is this not the same unit with a few atts and dets?

11. yep, but dont spoil their fun by letting everyone know that they couldn't be Rangers (space or otherwise)

12. I think that the only people calling this unit SF are the papers. They are what they are- a Support Group to support SF ops.

IMD

13. Isn't this just the 'Ranger style' support Bn that John Reid spoke of? Though it was based around 1 Para originally. I suppose the composition as it is now gives it much more flexibility and capability

14. It sounds like a Ranger style unit, oh why do we have to copy everything the septics have....

15. That unit is 1st Battalion Parachute Regiment which moved there from Dover a few months ago.