yet another RCB thread...

Discussion in 'Officers' started by tricam, May 13, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. does anyone know what are the rules regarding the length of time between the RCB and RMAS? presuming I get a positive result from the RCB is it possible to delay entering RMAS for a while - maybe 9 to 12 months?

Cheers.

2. Yes. Once you have a pass your in! Take for example chaps that pass RCB at 16/17 as a GYC or Army Scholar... Perhaps 5 to 7 years later after Uni Gap year and so on: Welcome to Commissioning Course Blah blah

3. Yes, I think it may be up to six years unless you turn 29. Something like that anyway, though I'm sure there's someone on here who remembers exactly. But yeh, you can defer entry for a good while.

4. Your RCB result is valid for 2 years - if you have something you are doing you should be able to ask to defer. I passed in the February and went to sandbags the following January (but that was 12 years ago!). Good luck.

5. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6. Try asking on the AMS board - they should know!

7. tricam,

I sent you a PM which I think will interest you.

8. What’s the shortest time you can go between RCB and entrance

9. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

It depends on when you take RCB and availability on commissioning course. I had a friend who took his RCB one week, got the results on the Friday/Saturday and started at Sandhurst on the Sunday!

:lol:

10. So no worries about a January entry?

11. As CC mentioned it all depends on availability on the commissioning course. 8)

12. Ok, Ill rephrase my question, how realistic is a January entry if I am probably going to do RCB over the summer?

13. Captain_Crusty

The September intake is the really busy one due to all the keen chaps who jump straight into from school/university. January is quieter and May is the most relaxed and smallest intake.

I took my RCB in late September and there was no problem getting in in January.

14. Captain_Crusty

The September intake is the really busy one due to all the keen chaps who jump straight into from school/university. January is quieter and May is the most relaxed and smallest intake.

15. Captain_Crusty