yet another peice-of shit copper.....

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Flagrantviolator, May 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Disgusting.
  2. Your link didn't work. mUst try harder.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Jesus! It comes to something when you need to trawl the news from the other side of the world to start a plod bashing thread on here. Even if the subject is a POS who doesn't deserve to be in the job.

What next? Afghan policeman in corruption scandal?

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
    • Like Like x 3
  4. I guess what really pisses me off is that he got off on bail, and will probably never see the inside of a cell. The Crown would DEFINATELY demand remand in custody for anyone else who maimed an innocent. Even worse, the judge declined to attach a firearms prohibition, citing " no substantial risk to the public." INSANE! Anyone else who even smacks someone outside a bar gets an automatic weapons ban. There really IS no justice.
  5. Not always mate. Having made the switch from UK plod to Canada I've been surprised, to say the least, at the weak sentencing and terrible case law allowed here. It makes the UK look like Stalinist Russia (I'd thought I'd never say that).

There was a recent case I read about where an off duty (Canadian) officer punched a 17 year old in tge stomach at a swimming pool, was charged with assault and threats and it got dealt down to a bylaw offence.

Sent from my iPhone using ARRSE
  6. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

she was only pretending to be blind , how could she have picked out from the line up else ? perhaps she was taken into a room of 8 men all of similar height and build and one at a time they punched her in the face till she found him ?
  7. The doctor is male not female. He is legally blind but still had some vision. They had video of the beating and the police officer arrested the doctor. Not much chance of a mistake.
  8. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Equality hat on.

There are various definiations of legally blind, can be based on visual acuity or field of vision (eg tunnel vision good sight but only 10% field of view can be called blind but perfectly good for an ID parade

The National Assistance Act 1948 states that a person can be certified as severely sight impaired if they are “so blind as to be unable to perform any work for which eye sight is essential” (National Assistance Act Section 64(1)). The test is whether a person cannot do any work for which eyesight is essential, not just his or her normal job or one particular job.
  9. Fang -

To add a bit to your comment (if you do not mind).
    A friend in high school always wanted to be a dentist. He did the usual 4 year pre-med program here (US) and went to Boston University Dental School. Towards the end of his 3rd year he was in a car accident and lost 4 fingers on his right (dominant) hand. It killed his opportunity to be a dentist but he was able to transfer to BU Medical and is now a very successful psychiatrist in New Jersey.

Not all medicine requires manual skills.
  10. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Neither does dentistry when I see some of the stuff referred into me!
  11. Does anybody here actually give a shit?
  12. Apparently you do, as you clicked the link. If you don't like my post, too fecking bad. Stay out of the Canada area, then, and stick to drivelling patter on sheds, ginger dogs, and egg banjos. Thanks again, see you next time.