Yet another new scam... oil companies this time.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by abeaumont, Mar 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just received this little beauty. No way I'm going to fall for it - I know where Shell's head office really is, as my other half used to work there.

I'll paste the whole thing in case any of you want to have a bit of fun today.

Batch: 074/05/ZY369:SHELL WINNING NOTIFICATION EASTER DRAW ( ****YOUR EMAIL WAS SELECTED**** )
    From: duttonga@if.rmci.net on behalf of UK SHELL LOTTERY AWARD 2008 (info@shell.com)

Sent:23 March 2008 09:01:02
    To:

SHELL OIL CO-OPERATION
    The Shell International Lottery
    P O Box 1010
    Liverpool, L70 1NL
    UNITED KINGDOM
    (Customer Services)
    Ref: UK/9420X2/68
    Batch: 074/05/ZY369
    WINNING NOTIFICATION

We happily announce to you the draw (#2060) of the SHELLINTERNATIONAL LOTTERY,online Sweepstakes International program held on 22nd,march 2008.

Your e-mail address was attached to ticketnumber:56154800945 618 with Serial number 20117/02 drew the lucky numbers:09,11,22,38,36,49(BONUS # 04),which subsequently won you the lottery in the 2ndcategory.

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of £1,000,000(One Million Great British Pounds Sterling) in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03. This is from a
    total cash prize of £4,000,000 shared amongst the (4)lucky winners in this category.

Participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn randomly from a pool of over 100,000 names of e-mail addresses drawn from Worldwide promotions programme
    conducted annually to encourage prospective overseas entries.

We hope with part of your prize awards, you will take part in our subsequent lottery jackpots.

In view of this, your £1,000,000 (One Million Great British PoundsSterling)in cash will be released to you by our payment office in TheUK.Our agents will immediately
    commence the process to facilitate therelease of your funds as soon they are contacted.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning informationconfidential till your claim is processed and your money remitted toyou in whatever manner you deem fit to
    claim your prize.

This is partof our precautionary measures to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program Please be advised.

To file your claim, you are to fill in this form below,then send it to our claims agent,so that he can process your claims to you.Contact our claims agent with this email,
    Mr. Larry Brown,
    Email :larrybrownclaims@hotmail.com
    Mobile:+447045742669
    To file your claims kindly fill the payment order
    form below to our
    Fudiciary Agent
    PAYMENT RELEASE ORDER FORM
    1.FULL
    NAMES:__________________________________
    2.ADDRESS:__________________________________
    5.MARITAL STATUS:___________________
    6.OCCUPATION:________________________
    7.E-MAIL
    ADDRESS:_____________________________
    8.TELEPHONE NUMBER:_____________________
    9.BRIEF DESCRIPTION OF
    COMPANY/INDIVIDUAL___________
    10.AMOUNT
    WON:___________________________________
    Online coordinator,
    Sweepstakes International Program.

2. Lokks legit to me :)

What I can´t see is what they get out of it :?

3. Think anyone who replies to a lottery win from someone who has a hotmail account should get all they deserve!!

4. I love the phrase "Great British Pounds"

The really sad thing is that somebody will reply.

5. I just did, and will be 1 millyun great pounds richer as soon as I cough up the 500 poonds for "processing".

Jokes on you guys - suckers :)

6. They obviously want the information so that they can check that the winners are real and not from any old web-site that someone may have posted their original e-mail on!

7. Love it! Ha - a claims agent with a hotmail account....heh heh

8. assuming that was not a wah, they get enough information to steal your identity and use it for various criminal activities.

9. How can I enter???????????????

10. I bait quite a few of these lottery scams - from memory the address is the legitimate address for the National Lottery, the lazy fecker couldn't even change his email template with a new fake address...