Yet another meaningless apology

chimera

LE
So what is this all about:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8361025.stm

All the more interesting that it comes froma Government that had a (now acknowledged) policy deliberately to alter the demographics of the UK through immigration in order to make us more "diverse"

chimera

LE
llech said:
It would hardly be meanigless if you are one of the children who were sent.
So tell me what difference would it make to your life now - half a century later?

A lot of the children were not sent by government as such but the Catholic Church, and Dr Bernardos

chimera said:
llech said:
It would hardly be meanigless if you are one of the children who were sent.
So tell me what difference would it make to your life now - half a century later?
To me, zip, it wont effect anyone other than these affected, but to an adult who was sent as a child i expect it would mean a lot.

Markintime said:
I thought that was why Governments were always so loathe to apologise, because it was an admission of guilt and would thus open the floodgates for compensation.
Yes, but don't forget that our government is dedicated to ruining and bankrupting the UK anyway it can.

What else can they apologies for before getting booted out at the next election?

I feel sorry for the Germans. They have been beaten twice now, and as for the Muslim extremists, well it's not their fault!

arclight999 said:
What else can they apologies for before getting booted out at the next election?

I feel sorry for the Germans. They have been beaten twice now, and as for the Muslim extremists, well it's not their fault!
How about apologising for being so inept they let a rather weak Tory party walk right into power!

saw it on the news this morning, the aussies are also apologising they said.

Cabana said:
Absolute pish. What is wrong with this pathetic muppet government?
They're plodding on with their own agenda. Apologising for things they themselves didn't actually do so that they look all huggy and caring and voteworthy next year, but in the meantime they're screwing this country into the ground with their scorched earth policies.
Which they won't ever apologise for.

jarrod248 said:
vvaannmmaann said:
Whilst we're at it,should we also apologise for sending our criminals out there as well?
Yes of course we should, at least we've already apologised for the slave trade.
There'll be people rubbing their hands together with glee waiting for a golden egg from Gordon.
He's certainly a big fat goose that should be stuffed and roasted.

Biped

LE
Book Reviewer
It's about as meaningful as apologising for 1066, or slavery, or letting in those pesky Nordic types.

Will Gordon Brown please apologise to my missus because I didn't stick my socks in the washing basket last night? Ta.

Gremlin said:
Given the opportunities for advancement in Australia and Canada, and the vastly better QoL the little wretches should be grateful!
Tend to agree, would be interesting to have a comparison between one of the unfortunates who were sent and one of the poor buggers who were left in dear old blighty. I`d put money on the one who was sent abroad had a better quality of life in the years since and has more to look forward to in their old age.