Yet another meaningless apology

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by chimera, Nov 15, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

So what is this all about:

All the more interesting that it comes froma Government that had a (now acknowledged) policy deliberately to alter the demographics of the UK through immigration in order to make us more "diverse"
  2. Absolute pish. What is wrong with this pathetic muppet government?
  3. It would hardly be meanigless if you are one of the children who were sent.
  4. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

So tell me what difference would it make to your life now - half a century later?
  5. A lot of the children were not sent by government as such but the Catholic Church, and Dr Bernardos
  6. To me, zip, it wont effect anyone other than these affected, but to an adult who was sent as a child i expect it would mean a lot.
  7. Of course it will be meaningless. It comes from people who were not even involved in the issue.
  8. I thought that was why Governments were always so loathe to apologise, because it was an admission of guilt and would thus open the floodgates for compensation.
  9. Yes, but don't forget that our government is dedicated to ruining and bankrupting the UK anyway it can.
  10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Given the opportunities for advancement in Australia and Canada, and the vastly better QoL the little wretches should be grateful!
  11. What else can they apologies for before getting booted out at the next election?

I feel sorry for the Germans. They have been beaten twice now, and as for the Muslim extremists, well it's not their fault!
  12. How about apologising for being so inept they let a rather weak Tory party walk right into power!
  13. Barnados you daft bu... Yes it does matter. Unless you want the homeless kids to be really well dressed :D
  14. saw it on the news this morning, the aussies are also apologising they said.
  15. Whilst we're at it,should we also apologise for sending our criminals out there as well?