YET ANOTHER JPA QUERY

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by fatlad_spotter, Sep 17, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. HAVE RECIEVED MY JPA WAGE SLIP I FOUND "GPD NON TAXABLE -£440.00" HAVING NO IDEA WHAT THE DEDUCTION WAS OR COULD BE FOR I SAW THE ADMIN NCO WHO DIDNT KNOW EITHER BUT LOOKED AT MY DETAILS AND TOLD ME ANOTHER £245.00 WOULD BE COMING OUT THIS MONTH!
    CALLED JPAC WHO TOOK MY DETAILS AND SAID IT COULD BE UP TO 10 WORKING DAYS FOR A REPLY - THEY ALSO SAID IF I WAS SHORT OF CASH I COULD GET AN INTRIM PAYMENT FROM THE RAO - DONT NEED THAT, I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT IM BEING BILLED FOR.
    ANY IDEAS?
    THANKS

2. I had a similar thing. Phoned them up and they couldn't tell me what the "debt" was for. Told them to get a response to me in 10 days or I would go to my solicitor, and asked them to record that. Then wrote to soldier mag and told my RAO that if I didn't get my answer in 10 days I would proceed with AGAI 70 action. Funnily enough, got my answer and it turned out they owed me rather than the other way around. Dont mess around with this. I know that the CoC is majorly embarrassed by JPA and their inability to solve pay issues (soldier mag told me they had over 20 complaints in 1 morning)

Go straight for the jugular and demand that you are told why you owe this money and get them to explain it to you. Remember, they like to keep telling us its our responsibility now.

PS STOP SHOUTING

3. Cheers D-S
    Loudspeaker now on minimum power!
    I'd still like to know what GPD Non Taxable means though
    F-S

4. It means that (as far as JPA are concerned) you have been over paid at sometime and they are claiming it back. Dont mess around and don't be threatened by your RAO or RAWO - its your pay and your responsibility, and it is illegal to take money from your pay without telling you why