Yesterday morning GMTV report on 16 AA

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by ugly, May 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Please do not take this wrongly. It was really a reasonable report but for me the highlight was the Para Capt an Adjutant of one unit. He sounded like a Rupert but boy what a big chin. I was totally distracted waiting for the "Into Afganistan and beyond!" A real Buzz Lightyear. My House share who is also ex LI was pissing himself. No doubt a nice bloke but Speed of a race horse, strength of a cart horse and Brains of a rocking horse sprang to mind. I'm sure they dont select Ruperts for the Paras solely on Physical ability as they have always seemd reasonably bright enough amongst Infantry that I have served with. I put it down to something in the Mess rations and too much circuit training. Astonishing upper body profile in CS 95. It looked tailored!

2. Yeah. All Paras are dead thick innit eh! :?

3. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Of course Adjts just prior to a huge deployment have stacks of time for gym work!

4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Hang on read what I wrote, I couldnt get over how much he looked like Buzz lightyear, not any comment on his brain power!, so we have responses from an Adj and a Para or both!

5. I think you should read what you originaly posted you muppet. "nice bloke but Speed of a race horse, strength of a cart horse and Brains of a rocking horse" or were you just talking about yourself. :D

6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Not passing comment about brainpower issues - just circuit training probability. I saw it and noticed he had put a bit of chubb on (pots, kettles, black....) :D

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I was merely quoting what was the "In joke" about Paras 20 years ago when I was in. If you read again I wrote that he sounded like a rupert! Frightening. I cant imagine getting threatened in the dark by him, I suspect gob shut and mean looks would be far more menacing!
    Are the rumours true (bite if you want) about the selection for Sandhurst candidates for Paras based solely on Phys, Lights fuze and retreats sharpish!

I am not here to slag Paras, I have many friends in the bretheren even corps airborne types. I lost a good friend at Goose Green only a year and a bit older than me. The knowledge of how he passed learnt from his oppo, my DS at Jnr Brecon was a relief, it was how he would have wanted to go. I spent some time at his grave at Blue beach a couple of years later.
    Now that over I was pointing out what a reasonable report it was but how I was amazed at his Chin! Singular unlike my more chins than the Hong Kong phone book profile. Pie eater retired!

8. I thought he seemed a bloody nice chap. The sort of person an Adjt should be. They said 3 Para had alot of news guys on their first tour, it seems the normal thing that alot of guys sign off after doing their bit.
    Good luck to all the new lads.

BBM

9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Exactly, a chap that can do more with a look than most could with a string of loud words!

10. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Ugly,

You will have done his ego the world of good with your scary man profile!! He is a good bloke, but not at all scary (just don't tell the junior subbies that)

11. The bloke is a cracking guy, well respected by all ranks and a bloody good soldier - what more would you want from an officer.

12. The thread made me chuckle - i am that man. i admit, being an adjt does equal adding a few pounds - late nights, too much beer and not enough phys. its too easy to sack the run in the mornign when the CO and Bde HQ are brething down your neck. The chin is also a fair one, its not the first time ive been called buzz, johnny bravo or desparate dan. As for speaking like a rupert, im originaly from Notts and get slagged by the family every time i go home (eeup duck etc..), i guess thats what Sandhust does to you. Thanks for the support but what are you two after?

:lol:

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nothing mucker just commenting on what a reasonable and balanced item it seemd then wallop I was sodding mesmerised. I expect I'd 've got a few RoP's for staring had I been in baggy green still. I remember a Bn 2i/c once called Major P&rker who had yes a big hooter, poor bloke but a top geezer all the same. When in Cyprus as the Adj, the popular song was captain beaky and his band, didnt get broadcast over the net much!