Yes, another bloody petition.....handguns this time

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by spiffy, Mar 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I somehow wasn't too surprised seeing his name.

But he might be.
  2. It'll never happen, so I've signed it anyway. I see CAPTAIN KILL has too. How encouraging.

3. Yeah that's real smart... legalise guns, create an even bigger problem than there already is and have the police retaliate by routinely arming all police officers.

Not being funny, but I'm quite happy with us not being like America. 10,000 people die every year in the US because of gun crime. You may think that's a bit ghey but you won't say that if in years to come you see your kids/friends/family being "shot up on the block." :pissed:
  4. And Mr I.N Mysights has signed it as well.

I'm glad people are taking it seriously.
  5. Bad idea... and if it does ever happen, gun associated crime would get out of hand. What we need is tougher policing.
  6. Terrrible idea I'm afraid. As much as I would love to go around double-tapping some of scum who now infest our country, a proliferation of hand-guns would ulimately just see to it that they were all armed too.....

In any case, can you really see that happening in a million years...even if it were to receive overwhelming public support? Not a chance.
  7. Considering that law abiding citizens had their guns taken off them becuase of one lunatic (and his terrible actions) and his masonic link, it will make so much sense to arm the counry.

Imagine its after July 1st and smoking is now banned in pubs

Yes officer I blew his head off becuase he smoked in the pub and I objected to it.....
  8. Unlike now where handguns are illegal and we live in a paradise country with no gun crime what so ever?
  9. Seems like a good idea to me. Self defence was removed as "good reason" years ago because, it was argued, that our Police could protect us. They clearly can't so why not adopt the US system. It has worked over there.

10. True, there is already a problem. However, only around 70 people a year die due to gun crime in this country. Compare that to a country like the US, where gun ownership is allowed, around 10,000 people die a year.
  11. Well as my nephew was shot and murdered 2 years ago by someone, because he happened to be wearing same top as the intended victim, i would like the right to bear arms, so when his murderer gets out in the next decade im going to kill him :threaten:
  12. What about Switzerland, France or Germany where there's apparently a lot of gun ownership?
  13. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Awful idea, I'd love my pistols back, but for sport not to carry them as a concealed weapon.

I'd sooner the ban remained in force than have an armed public.
  14. feck off i'm not signing it.

Ok i will do if spiffy promises to blow his brains out, shouldn't take more than a blow of the nose ;-)