Yep another question about the 1.5 mile run time

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by woozieuk1, Oct 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know that the questions about the 1.5 mile run time pop up a lot, howver I would like to know;

Do you have to run the 1.5 miles in under 10:30 WHEN you start basic training or do you have to be able to by the END of it??

Im 27 and running it at around 11mins on a bad day, so just want to put my mind at rest.

Clearly i want to get as fit as I can before going, however, isnt the point of Phase 1 to build your fitness up ets?

cheers

2. before

3. so you have to run it under 10:30 just to be able to start Phase 1?

whats the point of different run times for differnet jobs etc ?

4. 10:30 is the normal time for a pass of the BFT. Under 10:30...you pass. Longer...well you fail.

Get there fit enough to pass. Simple as.

With regards to different times? No idea? My time was 10:30....I could pass it. So I didn't care?

5. 10:30 to even start basic? whats the point of progressive fitness if its a pass or fail before you can even start.

I know that when i went to selection my run time was around 11 mins and i passed that, and others were much slower nd they passed.

Howcome you can pass that and when they do the same sets of tests at the beggining of Phase 1 you have to pack your bags?

6. I tell you what.....why don't you go onto a McDonalds forum or something. You're clearly not listening to me are you?

WE WERE EXPECTED TO PASS THE B (B - FOR BASIC!!!) FITNESS TEST 1ST TIME, UPON ARRIVAL AT PHASE 1. IF YOU DON't LIKE IT, DON'T JOIN UP!! PRICK.

7. YOUR THE PRICK!

IT WAS A QUESTION!

8. Quick change of heart before I go to the pub.

Sorry Woozie....you're right. It is progressive training. As long as you can walk the 1st BFT in under 32 minutes you'll be fine. Then when the DS/PTIs ask why you failed...feel free to say that "it's supposed to be progressive training". They'll be over the moon with that, and of course say "oh yeah, ok then. Next time can we see a few yards of jogging please?"

Tit.

Now...where's my JD!

9. Yes, and I had to answer it twice for you. You're going to struggle.