Yellow handbags.

Not really a topic but who remembers the yella handbag and how can i get me bell ringers on a 10 pack in the uk without travelling back to Boxhead country? cheers.

Try Aldi or Lidl

better still try becks or warsteiner from Sainsbury

pull2eject - where abouts in the country are you?

My local offy does Asbach...mmm, loverly!

I wish I could get hold of Kummerlings as well, though.

I wish I had a pound for every bottle I drank................

How much did a 10 pack cost in the early 80's? I was obviously too pissed to remember. :wink:

Edited to add:

Premium Exquisit

well a crate now of 20 x 0.5l costs about 9 Euro!

Bowmore_Assassin

MIA
Book Reviewer
1988 - Germany. Friday afternoons in the Troop Rest Room, with yellow handbags collected over the week as troop fines...nobody was immune, Troopie downwards (he bought a lot !). Great beer session, followed by Troop marching en masse down to and into the Sqn Bar. They really were good days...

Interesting fact: Did you know that 432s are called that because you can open a Herfy bottle 432 ways with one?

redsquirrel said:
My local offy does Asbach...mmm, loverly!

I wish I could get hold of Kummerlings as well, though.
Asbach Uralt?? i miss it so so so so much too where can i get a bottle? i used to love that stuff.
The yellow handbags for a mate but the asbach.... now that little fecker ...if i could get one.............is miiiiiiiiiiiiine :twisted:

Sorry pull2eject I am not going anywhere near Wrexham over Christmas otherwise I would have dropped some off!

AH yellow handbags--the hard currency required by REME to cover up/repair someones fcuk-up! what would we have done without them.

The hand-bag per se does not exist any more! The yellow handbag is no more, you just get it by the crate now!!