Yellow handbags.

Not really a topic but who remembers the yella handbag and how can i get me bell ringers on a 10 pack in the uk without travelling back to Boxhead country? cheers.

Try Aldi or Lidl

better still try becks or warsteiner from Sainsbury

pull2eject - where abouts in the country are you?

My local offy does Asbach...mmm, loverly!

I wish I could get hold of Kummerlings as well, though.

I wish I had a pound for every bottle I drank................

How much did a 10 pack cost in the early 80's? I was obviously too pissed to remember. :wink:

Edited to add:

Premium Exquisit

well a crate now of 20 x 0.5l costs about 9 Euro!

Bowmore_Assassin

LE
Book Reviewer
1988 - Germany. Friday afternoons in the Troop Rest Room, with yellow handbags collected over the week as troop fines...nobody was immune, Troopie downwards (he bought a lot !). Great beer session, followed by Troop marching en masse down to and into the Sqn Bar. They really were good days...

Interesting fact: Did you know that 432s are called that because you can open a Herfy bottle 432 ways with one?

redsquirrel said:
My local offy does Asbach...mmm, loverly!

I wish I could get hold of Kummerlings as well, though.
Asbach Uralt?? i miss it so so so so much too where can i get a bottle? i used to love that stuff.
The yellow handbags for a mate but the asbach.... now that little fecker ...if i could get one.............is miiiiiiiiiiiiine :twisted:

Sorry pull2eject I am not going anywhere near Wrexham over Christmas otherwise I would have dropped some off!

AH yellow handbags--the hard currency required by REME to cover up/repair someones fcuk-up! what would we have done without them.

The hand-bag per se does not exist any more! The yellow handbag is no more, you just get it by the crate now!!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pc supa The NAAFI Bar 164
guzzijon ARRSE: Site Issues 21
jcm649 The NAAFI Bar 30