• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Yellow handbags

Going to have my brother down for some meat burning on an open fire, and of course lots of beer to drink. Now, as we both spent many years repelling the Soviet hoards in the fatherland I thought it would be only decent to have a pile of yellow handbags for the occasion, anyone know if they can be got in UK or does it mean a long shopping trip by car?

Now...as it happens, I have a big fuck off van and quite fancy a trip back to the Fatherland for a spot of reminising

How about I go to the brewery in Herford (where incidentaly I spent 4 exellent years at 7 sigs) and bring a load back?

VANDAMME said:
Now...as it happens, I have a big * off van and quite fancy a trip back to the Fatherland for a spot of reminising

How about I go to the brewery in Herford (where incidentaly I spent 4 exellent years at 7 sigs) and bring a load back?
I wouldnt bother - its bloody expensive here now!! Go to Edeka or Kaufland and buy your herfy in crates - its a damn site cheaper.

And just to sh1t on the yellow handbag dream - the're blue now!!

boney_m said:
VANDAMME said:
Now...as it happens, I have a big * off van and quite fancy a trip back to the Fatherland for a spot of reminising

I wouldnt bother - its bloody expensive here now!! Go to Edeka or Kaufland and buy your herfy in crates - its a damn site cheaper.

And just to sh1t on the yellow handbag dream - the're blue now!![/quote]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blue Handbags its jist no the same :(

I'm lucky that I always preferred Wobbly or even better Iserlohner, at least we can get Wobbly in Blighty noo.

Try the Polish Offies for the more obscure but known to us beers

heidtheba said:
boney_m said:
VANDAMME said:

And just to sh1t on the yellow handbag dream - the're blue now!![/quote]

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I, too, weep for the yellow handbag, but as long as the brew's the same I can (just about) live with the new version. As well as the above suggestions, you might consider the Real (Realkauf?) chain, where you can get all the big national brands and most of the lesser-known northern ones at near enough the best prices, though you might need to be within 150km or so of Herford itself. But there are some cracking alternatives at boozeuk, as already said: Warsteiner, Bitburger etc., and some of the big UK supermarkets also have those - at a stiff price. (I wasn't aware that Lidl and Netto had ever had Herforder.) But all this talk of trips back to the Fatherland has swung it for me: Herford/Bielefeld here I come!

Markintime said:
As I said I made a trip to Osnatraz last year and I'm keeping some of the spoils under armed guard until this year's giant barbecue!

and how fucking difficult is it to get senf in wales?
best i've managed is some polish stuff from asda :(

Markintime said:
As I said I made a trip to Osnatraz last year and I'm keeping some of the spoils under armed guard until this year's giant barbecue!

How scary. I went to Gütersloh on a business trip last year to my Companies world HQ and bought back exactly three of the four items in the middle.

The Marktkauf by any chance :?

boney_m said:
VANDAMME said:

And just to sh1t on the yellow handbag dream - the're blue now!!
Well thats another dream down the tubes, I cant quite get my head around a blue handbag, it would mean new shoes and everything ;-)

I might have to task my other brother who's a crab swanning around in a fat albert to drop in and get some though, just for testing purposes of course.

Thanks for all the other suggestions, they will be followed up, progress reports will follow, if any is made.

Latest Threads