Yay! I can now ask for your real names if someone calls me a fool by law!

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by King-walt, Apr 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can someone clarify the law on this?

Changes to getreading comments policy - News - getreading - Reading Post

There's a big change happening to the getreading comments section from today due to a ruling from the Information Commissioner.

From noon the usernames of people leaving comments on this site will be replaced by their real names.

The change is due to a Freedom of Information request by regular commentor rogerPC Bushescents who felt it was unfair that he/she (we’ll find out RogerPC Bushescents’ true identity at noon) did not know the true identity of the people calling him a fool.

The Information Commissioner Dame April Graham ruled in his/her favour and has forced getreading to change our comments policy from noon.

Website editor James Ashford said: "This is not something we wanted but we have to comply with the ruling.

"Apologies for any embarrassment this may cause."
  2. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Uh huh. Check calendar.... We shall see.
  3. If you fell for that, you're a ****ing mong.

Posted by Ethel Discharge of 45 The Willows, Godalming.
  4. Well its an official post from a paper!
  5. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

And papers dont do April Fools?
  6. Just the same as many renowned institutes which publish jokes on april fools day
  7. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

April Graham? Not unless Christopher Graham, who is the Information Commissioner, has undergone gender-changing surgery...
  8. Therefore your a ****ing helmet king walt and guess what youll know what my real name is .....
  9. I'm called K*v*n H*gh*s
  10. HHH

HHH LE

Phillip, Phillip how does one delete ones post on this site?
  11. The Reading Post - renowned? I'm sure they will be thrilled.
  12. A bit like one of the papers today having a royal wedding web site and announcing that it ha been cancelled.

I know if this did happen I would be asking for all my posts to be removed and my account would be closed.
  13. A poisson d'Avril I think. What a knucklehead. What an imbecile. signed Barack Huessein Obama (aka Barry Soetaro) ;-)

14. If your real name is in the email you used to register it gets starred out if you type it anyway IE Im A*l*e* B*w*d*n pleased to meet you