Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by datumhead, Sep 25, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Recently started training to join TA and am doing couple of miles twice a day but cant stop F*****G yawning whilst doing it! :? :?

Not tired or bored, quiet the opposite.

scared to ask......any ideas?????? :oops:
  2. Google found this:

Hope it helps!
  3. Cheers for that!
  4. No problem.
  5. yawnings contagious

i yawned just readin this topic thinking about yawning :?
  6. Thinking about it..yawning is your bodies way of getting more oxygen into the body, that is why you yawn when other people yawn as on a physcological level your brain thinks that becuase other people are yawning the oxygen levels are depleting and you'd better get your fill before it runs out.

With regard to exercising, if you have just started, do you fatique badly during your run? It may just be that your brain feels that your body needs more oxygen to keep you going, hence the yawn.
  7. You're probably not breathing correctly. I know it sounds stupid, and most people dont ever have to give a second thought to their breathing techniques, but it can make a huge difference to your performance.
    Try and develop a rythm whereby your breathing is synchronised with your gait.
  8. many, many people who use the gym that i go to, yawn alot when they use bench press etc. probably because a lot of effort exerted and hence the need to get rid of CO2
  9. Cheers everyone, Thought I was being a bit wired but seems to make sense. thanks again.