Yates of the Yard and shot in the SAS foot ?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by BounceBanana, Dec 8, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Yates and his reputation ..........
  2. Nothing new in the fact that the top brass in SF will quickly disown any one thought to be "tainted" or stepping out of the party line of the day. Although at one time everything was kept in house, now a days it is open forum in the media.

A quick RTU and back to the tank/vehicle park with a tightly shut gob used to be the norm!
  3. Soldier A? That's original. Glad to see he's not been singled-out as a toff.
  4. No idea who he is, apart from looking at his laudatory Wikipedia entry which was obviously written either by himself or his doting old Mum. People who write their own Wikipedia entries are never to be trusted.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

• Like Like x 1
  6. village met booby done wrong?
    surely not with bernard in charge now?
  7. RTU followed by a charge of breaking the OSA then the dole queue more like
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Ok, I will buy that this is a serious allegation and needed to be investigated. I'll even buy that his security clearance probably needed to be suspended while it was investigated. But WTF is doing a hard stop on a serving Army officer all about?
  9. Bragging rights?
  10. Well, they do seem to have access to lots of 'informally' held weapons.

But this is the bit of the story that caught my eye

So, are plod in hot pursuit of Soldier B or whoever it is who's really doing the leaking?
  11. Might have thought he had a Glock and 99 rounds on him.
  12. well that would make me sure to arrnage to see him with the CO for coffee and nice biscuits.
    rather than go charging in at daft o'clock waving guns about if he was armed and decided to fight back it could go horribly wrong :(
  13. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

linky no worky? wrong web address or something more sinister?? **adjusts tinfoil hat**
    • Like Like x 1