Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown - has she left yet, does anyone know?

3ToedSloth

Old-Salt
I think you need to lighten up a bit because you are presenting as a bit of a bore.
Oh, the irony! There's quite a few posters/threads on here that could do with that advice...

Ive decided that I will no longer be buying stuff from companies that do not represent my demographic in their adverts, after all, if they don't feel the need to represent me then I'm clearly not in their target market....
That'll teach 'em not to show blacks shopping in Argos on the telly.

Does it really bother you that much? I thought compiling a thorough boycott list of persons/organisations who offend you by not representing certain ethic groups sufficiently was the sin only those petty woke snowflakes were making? Do you think it's maybe that just some advertisers are trying a bit too hard to demonstrate their "inclusivity" right now?

You are Graculus's sock and I claim my 5 Euros.

Alright you aren't, but your stroppy, virtue-signalling, windmilling whine sure sounds like him.

As for the mention of "that dog", it's an easily relatable and schoolboy-humorous metaphor for the continuously growing PC strictures put in place to muzzle us from uttering thoughtcrimes.
You've misunderstood my point and position entirely.

Amazingly enough 3ToedSloth managed to turn this into an issue.
Just looking for an argument I'll be bound, there's a lot of it about especially on this forum.
Any criticism of your infallible posts is someone looking for an argument?

Oh, the irony! There's quite a few posters/threads on here that could do with that advice...

Does it really bother you that much? I thought compiling a thorough boycott list of persons/organisations who offend you by not representing certain ethic groups sufficiently was the sin only those petty woke snowflakes were making? Do you think it's maybe that just some advertisers are trying a bit too hard to demonstrate their "inclusivity" right now?

You've misunderstood my point and position entirely.

Any criticism of your infallible posts is someone looking for an argument?

This is really bothering you isn't it?
I'll leave the last word to you as I have something trivial to attend to.

3ToedSloth

Old-Salt
This is really bothering you isn't it?

I've made a rather self-evident comment in response to a post of yours I disagree with on a public discussion forum - that's the point of this place! You seem incapable of dealing with this other than responses that either take issue with the presence of a dissenting view against ARRSE groupthink or an attempt at deflection to suggest the problem is my mood.

OneTenner

LE
Book Reviewer

First point, what's an 'Argos'?
Second point, I don't really care as i'm pretty much immune to advertising - TBH, I only posted the above as an experiment, thanks for your input confirming my hypothesis :thumleft:

RBMK

War Hero
There is a TV advert for a bank featuring a mixed race gay couple.

Thankfully it's a bank that I kicked into touch some years ago for being an incompetent shower of tw4ts.

I'm pretty immune to advertising but I've started to avoid companies who are virtue signalling by their choice of advertising models / actresses, especially where this has crossed a particular line for my personal beliefs & standards.

The exception is the Tena Noir advert featuring Emma Connell in her undies.

It appears pissing themselves is a badge of honour for women.

They dont realise squaddies set the standard with swamping many years ago.

Thankfully it's a bank that I kicked into touch some years ago for being an incompetent shower of tw4ts.

I'm pretty immune to advertising but I've started to avoid companies who are virtue signalling by their choice of advertising models / actresses, especially where this has crossed a particular line for my personal beliefs & standards.

Now then now then.
You'll have that 3ToedSloth all over you with that type of talk.
There's naughty...

I've made a rather self-evident comment in response to a post of yours I disagree with on a public discussion forum - that's the point of this place! You seem incapable of dealing with this other than responses that either take issue with the presence of a dissenting view against ARRSE groupthink or an attempt at deflection to suggest the problem is my mood.

Like a dog with a bone.
Woof woof :biggrin:

TamH70

MIA
Look, girls, you are all pretty. Stop clawing each other's eyes out, there's lovely.

Latest Threads