Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yasmin Alibhai-Brown - has she left yet, does anyone know?

It could get unintentionally funny content eventually, imagine a BBC version of The Dambusters, all the Nazis would be still be white of course, but all the English cast could be black including Guy Gibson
I doubt that the bouncing bombs would work if the Lancasters were tilted 90° on their sides.

Tyk

LE
I doubt that the bouncing bombs would work if the Lancasters were tilted 90° on their sides.

On the other hand flying at a fixed 60ft would be easy, just trail the wing tip in the water, water is the same density as air isn't it? No messing about with the floodlights synchronised at the right height.
I'm sure there's a way to manage the bomb release with extreme accuracy, just pass it to the boffins at Farnborough.

tgo

War Hero
On the other hand flying at a fixed 60ft would be easy, just trail the wing tip in the water, water is the same density as air isn't it? No messing about with the floodlights synchronised at the right height.
I'm sure there's a way to manage the bomb release with extreme accuracy, just pass it to the boffins at Farnborough.

They'll be fine, they just need to move that trailing wing 784 times harder than the rest of the airframe, should be a doddle :D

Not entirely true, it's watch or record any BROADCAST TV, not just BBC. No Sky, ITV etc etc etc.
It might be what you meant, but the way it reads is just avoid the BBC.

I've been licence free for some years so I'm pretty aware of the rules.

Yes, missed that out - my mistake. Am in a similar situation to you - not required a licence for about 5 years now.

Edited to add some sources about deciding to end one's links and financial obligation (legally) for a TV licence

Last edited:
…..FFS: I never thought they'd screw with Radio 4 enough to make it unlistenable but they've managed that, too. There really is nothing left.

Always were plenty of repeats on R4, but since covid many many more. I'm sure by their nature radio programmes are one of the easier things to make remotely.

DarkBrig

Old-Salt
Black of course otherwise it would be racist
But there would be the obligatory shot of his/her golden lab partner and their gorgeous mixed race puppies relaxing in their modern fully kitted out kennel

Themanwho

LE
Book Reviewer
It could get unintentionally funny content eventually, imagine a BBC version of The Dambusters, all the Nazis would be still be white of course, but all the English cast could be black including Guy Gibson
Well it would solve the conundrum of the dog's name. As a Pilot of colour Guy Gibson would have no trouble shouting out " N*******! Rabbits!"

Although, no doubt PETA would be on the case PDQ.

I’m watching it as we speak. The hypocrisy of JAB is staggering. She seems to have forgotten that if it weren’t for the UK, she and her family would’ve been slaughtered by Idi Amins’ hordes in Uganda.
She is so anti-British it’s almost unreal

Further to my last, I’ve also complained about her ‘outrageous racist outburst’ to ofcom.
May I respectfully suggest that everyone does the same.

philc

LE
Why bother? You just know that the response, if any, will be “we know better than you so wind your neck in”

How does the likes of Grimes get investigated by the Police? Is it that the public complain and the Police look in to the complaint, if so, enough complaints about YAB and the Police must take action?

Just a thought.

Latest Threads