Yasmin Alibhai-Brown - has she left yet, does anyone know?

Have had to spend more than that ($2600) on a 25yo Macallan, where a 15yo triple cask would be about $150 and a 12yo Mac would be about $70. Interestingly, I found a closed up empty box from a Glenmorangie 18yo in the kitchen bar yesterday, indicating that my daughter may have robbed me over Christmas.

So, I am getting into a nice Balvenie 21yo Port Wood right now that was a little less than $300. No water shall be touching this one.
You can get a hangover at Aldi for £11.

You can get a hangover at Aldi for £11.
Seeing as I am a tow head, blue-eyed mutt and master of the universe, I have just the proper ratios of deviant ADH and ALDH enzymes, and CYP2E1 polymorphisms to rapidly metabolize alcohol through acetaldehyde and acetate into water and carbon dioxide, deftly avoiding poisoning at all stages, but definitely not missing the toilet.

Although I can get close to simulating the misery when necking my go to cheap stuff... Laphroaig QC.

I was once told by a grizzled old highland gentleman that a splash of water in single malt whisky was perfectly 'acceptable' and brought out the flavour provided you didn't drench it. Ice was for Americans! I now routinely add a splash to both single malt and blended and my hangovers have miraculously disappeared - along with my (now much depleted) whisky collection.

I have to disagree, most people of HK origins I know are STILL loyal, HARD WORKING members of society with no inclination to become shiftless, benefit dependants, in fact normally trying to increase their wealth & ensure their children carry on doing the same by getting a good education.
They are inclined to be somewhat clannish & use other HK Chinese businesses if possible & profitable! Hence the numerous "Chinatowns" around the major cities, where you will find not just good restaurants but accountants, wholesalers, dentist, doctors etc .
I once went on holiday to some unpronouceable place on the Welsh coast. A couple of pubs, a chip shop and a Chinese take-away. The pretty young Chinese lady taking the orders had a real yaky-da get off my mountain boyo accent. It just added to her cuteness.

Last edited:
I was once told by a grizzled old highland gentleman that a splash of water in single malt whisky was perfectly 'acceptable' and brought out the flavour provided you didn't drench it. Ice was for Americans! I now routinely add a splash to both single malt and blended and my hangovers have miraculously disappeared - along with my (now much depleted) whisky collection.
Ice is for those that don't want to taste whisky.

A drop, or two, or three, up to a splash, of water depending on what you are drinking. "Get to know it" adding a drop at a time till you find what you are looking for.

I once went on holiday to some unpronouceable place on the Welsh coast. A couple of pubs, a chip shop and a Chinese take-away. The pretty young Chinese lady taking the orders had a real yaky-da get off my mountain boyo. It just added to her cuteness.
Where's this then? I fear after several months of no-fly, I may have lost my Chinese girlfriend to her home town of Beijing. I might need a new one.

I once went on holiday to some unpronouceable place on the Welsh coast. A couple of pubs, a chip shop and a Chinese take-away. The pretty young Chinese lady taking the orders had a real yaky-da get off my mountain boyo. It just added to her cuteness.
They call that the 'Glaswegian Paki Effect' - not that I've encountered any of the aforementioned that were cute.

They are inclined to be somewhat clannish & use other HK Chinese businesses if possible & profitable! Hence the numerous "Chinatowns" around the major cities, where you will find not just good restaurants but accountants, wholesalers, dentist, doctors etc .
Appointments from 2:30

They call that the 'Glaswegian Paki Effect' - not that I've encountered any of the aforementioned that were cute.
Unfortunatly the Glasgow accent, even on a hot chick doesn't have the same affect as a Welsh accent. Could you imagine Kathryn Jenkins or Mary Hopkin with a Glasweigian accent. It just doesn't have the same effect. However a Highland accent is a different thing.

Ruth Madoc used to give me the horn. Alas... :(

I spent a couple of years living oop North, when I were a nipper. If you saw someone with a deep tan, and wearing a turban or other exotic headgear, chances were they spoke with a broad Yorkshire accent. I'm not sure what happened...