Yarrrr 2005, Me Hearties!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by maninblack, Sep 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. maninblack

maninblack LE Book Reviewer

September 19th in the year of our Lord two thousand an' five be the next International Talk Like a Pirate Day

All ye who remember it fro' last year be ready t' don ya eye patch an' talk like a pirate for th' day.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com

Yarrrr!

2. Is there arrse history around talking like a pirate? Might be missing something here, but there are threads of merit and importance in the naafi by masters of words such as RTFQ that have never deserved a sticky?

Why does talking like a pirate deserve one? or do you like it and your a MOD so it gets one?

Personally, i'm at work on Sep the 19th, and my second reporting officer is a Navy CDR, He'll think i'm taking the piss and give me an E.

Boney

3. maninblack

Yarrr! it be big in chat at this time last year!.....and it be quite funny, and some members they ask fer it ta be mentioned next year when it be a comin' up, Yarrrr!

So, visit th' site, print a poster, stick it in ya office an' talk like a pirate, ye lubber!

4. OK MIB, i'll reserve judgement on the pointlessness of it all, so ho ho ho, and a bottle of rum, or something i'll wager. So shiver me timbers, splice the main brace, theres only 2 things in the sea - submarines and targets and anything else the episode of blackadder entitled "Potatoe" can muster. Ye's nout but a slip of a boy to a man

Boney

5. maninblack

Now it b'aint be sticky, Yarrr!

I cast 'er adrift an' let the scurvy message sink or swim.

Yarr!

6. Top Ten Pickup lines for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day
    10 . Avast, me proud beauty! Wanna know why my Roger is so Jolly?
    9. Have ya ever met a man with a real yardarm?
    8. Come on up and see me urchins.
    7. Yes, that is a hornpipe in my pocket and I am happy to see you.
    6. I'd love to drop anchor in your lagoon.
    5. Pardon me, but would ya mind if fired me cannon through your porthole?
    4. How'd you like to scrape the barnacles off of me rudder?
    3. Ya know, darlin’, I’m 97 percent chum free.
    2. Well blow me down?
    And the number one pickup line for use on International Talk Like a Pirate Day is …
    1. Prepare to be boarded.

:D

7. Avast behind me beautys

Arrrrrrrrr

8. Aaaaaaahrrrrr Aaaaaaahrrrrr Aaaaaaaaaaahrrrrr. Me laddy.aah-ahhh! [strokes his hand] You have a woman's hand, milord!
    I'll wager these dainty pinkies never weighed anchor
    in a storm.

9. Ah - You have a woman's beauties .. !.

10. Aah! Your skin milord. I'll wager it ne'er
    felt the lash of a cat ['o' nine tails], been rubbed
    with salt, and then flayed off by a pirate chief to make
    fine stockings for his best cabin boy.

11. "Remember, first man who uses any tense other than the present tense dies where he stands!"

"He wouldn't dare!"

BANG

"Or a conditional"

12. Arrrr! So, thar ye be, sittin' all a-lonesome on the poop deck. Comely lasses (or lads) don't notice ye, mates smite ye with thar belayin' pins ... not even a parrot to call ye "Bob." What's a pirate to do? Are ye the talk o' th'dock? Cock o' th'walk? Do the mates want to be like ye and the beauties want to be with ye - or vicey-versey? Well, thar, me Bucko, this simple little quiz will tell ye - and everyone else - just what kind o' Pirate ye be.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/ppi.html

13. Arrrrr matey!

14. Arrrrrrrr me mates.

Where is Roger the cabin boy or able seman stains?

Arrrrrrr.

15. Arrr Avast ye ... the'y bin struck down they ave! Scurvy specs I! But could be the BLACK SPOT!