Yard quizzes three Muslim officers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by armchair_jihad, Jul 30, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why would it be wholly inappropriate? During the 70s and 80s, I bet there were more background checks on Irish people wanting to join Special Branch than there were on muslims wanting to join. It is a question of targeting your resources where they will be of most use. This is just as ludicrous as the whingeing that searches at Tube stations after 7/7 were concentrated on a specific profile, which forced security personnel to waste effort searching old ladies with shopping trolleys in order to be seen to be 'even handed'.

2. There is nothing secret about a vetting unit. All Met Officer's and Civil staff go through the standard CTC vetting.

DV clearance is more in depth but the average bobby will not go through this process.

Why would there be a "Secret vetting unit" at the Yard, I think not!!.

3. Is this guy really a copper? what other religions would be appropriate?

4. is the vetting like the army form where it says;

"are you a terrorist"

and you tick yes or no

i wonder if they've ever caught anyone out with that one?

5. catholic?

6. what? are you radio rental m8?

7. Ah, but if there was, you wouldn't know....

8. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well I don't know...I thought that when you found a double the last thing you did was suspend him. Nothing like having a verified route to your enemy. Me thinks that there aren't many 'Coldwar' or 'Honk Kong' heads left in the Met (maybe there were never any there but I find that hard to believe). Myself I'd be actively recruiting them and passing them information I wanted them to know :wink:

9. Well said! I was going to rant, but you have said everything I was going to say! :D