Yanks new 120mm round

Discussion in 'RAC' started by spoomo, Mar 13, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Only the spams could come up with that???????????

I remember the old 76 canister and what a mess that made!!!!!!!!
  2. Hence we will never get the 120 version, even if we go to smooth bore.
  3. Simply delicious! :D
  4. HESH dear boy, HESH, we are British don't you know. Now lets not slip into that colonial gutter speak again. :D
  5. Tankie2ndrtr

Tankie2ndrtr Old-Salt Reviewer

That looks quite impressive. See how much platform rock there was ?, No chance for the driver to fall asleep at bound 1 ! lol
  6. I notice in one of the articles that it says this is the world's largest shotgun shell. I doubt that very much.

For instance the 152mm flechette round that the M-551 Sheridan fired. Number of flechettes was in the thousands. I saw one fired at a mound once. Coverage was very good.

Always wish that I'd had a chance to fire a 105mm 'Beehive Time' round. The loader, in between doing other things, set the fuse on the nose to the bursting range. Supposedly, when the round got to that range it burst and released it's load of thousands of flechettes. Right.

BTW, no problem admitting that the M68 105mm Gun/Cannon was a very thinly disguised L7, but was the M-68A1 the same as the L7A1? Now there is some trivia for you.

I'm thinking about changing my user name to "Bloody Colonial". Would that offend anyone?
  7. Looks like my earlier thread about canister was early, if this is only just hitting the media. Probability of adoption by UK forces is still - I imagine - very low indeed. Vanishingly so.
  8. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

why? do we consider it bad form?
  9. Wellington did not, nor it is claimed the IDF, who have been accused of lobbing beehive and various submunition rounds in the general direction of those they no doubt considered richly deserving but with predictable and unpleasant consequences for the general population