Yanks - are they really that bad?

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by Arfur, Aug 20, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Having read the boards for quite a while, I was wondering - are the Americans really as bad at soldiering as those who've served on Ops with them make out?

2. Not bas as such. Just poorly educated, overly relient on their technology, not very flexable, have poor docterine and completely lost once they've left the continental United States.

3. So apart from that they are top troops?

4. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

[quote="Gas Gas Gas
    So apart from that they are top troops?[/quote]

Absolutely - not only have they never lost a war, they have actually won some they did not take part in. Or so their PR Dept in Hollywood says.

5. Well when you've got that much kit and firepower you don't need to be that good do you?

To paraphrase something i read or heard about from the Italian front in WWII.

" When the Luftwaffe bombs, the allies take cover, when the RAF bombs, the Germans take cover, when the Americans bomb, everyone takes cover"

6. Give a yank a tennis racket, he will miss the ball
    Give him a baseball bat, he will miss the ball
    Give him an a10, nuff said
    8O

7. Corporal is a hunny........

Who cares if he misses. He will miss me.

8. FBW

FBW Old-Salt

yes :roll: :roll:

9. Talking to my mate Gav who has just got back from the sandbox, he told me the tale of a US convoy coming up from Kuwait opening up on a UK convoy... when the Convoy Commander pulled up and had a quiet word, the conversation was interrupted by the crack of M-16s opening up on a couple of kids on push bikes about 2-300 meters away - "we don't want them getting any closer"

And ask Fusiliers what they think of the USAAF.....

10. "Don't you hate Americans - except the ones you know". Individually they seemed OK, but I've only spoken to them in mess tents etc, I've not been out on the ground with them. I do remember one who said he couldn't wait to get his knife into some of the locals (this was a few days before it kicked off) which was a bit scary.