Yank TSA pat down a six year old girl

I see the Transport bods in the USA are overstepping the mark a tad with a "enhanced" pat down of a six year old girl.

TSA under fire for enhanced patdown of 6-year-old girl - USATODAY.com

Is it just me that thinks that 9/11 was more of a victory than previously reported? i mean, putting aside the death & destruction, here we are 10 years later with governments so paranoid about terrorism that they resort to searching children for fear they are carrying bombs or weapons?

Could of course be one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't arguments.

I mean, if a terrorist managed to bring down an airliner by concealing a weapon/bomb on a child then everyone would be wondering why the TSA didn't find it...

Could of course be one of those damned if you do, damned if you don't arguments.

I mean, if a terrorist managed to bring down an airliner by concealing a weapon/bomb on a child then everyone would be wondering why the TSA didn't find it...
So you'd be perfectly happy with a complete stranger giving your daughter the rubber glove treatment?

You give them the option to be patted down, and get on the plane. Or you give them the option to drive to their destination.

Besides......she's cute.

So you'd be perfectly happy with a complete stranger giving your daughter the rubber glove treatment?
Would you be happy if a complete stranger blew up a plane carrying your daughter because they used their kids to smuggle explosives on to it?

**** no, I'd rather:

1) Go somewhere else than the US
2) Drive there

But as pointed out, I would also be unhappy about getting killed to death if I did fly, so the TSA can't really win.

C

count_duckula

What a load of balls. The IRA were a more persistent and deadly problem, and yet none of the invasiveness omnipresent nowadays was used back then.

I see the Transport bods in the USA are overstepping the mark a tad with a "enhanced" pat down of a six year old girl.

TSA under fire for enhanced patdown of 6-year-old girl - USATODAY.com

Is it just me that thinks that 9/11 was more of a victory than previously reported? i mean, putting aside the death & destruction, here we are 10 years later with governments so paranoid about terrorism that they resort to searching children for fear they are carrying bombs or weapons?
You never did Banner did you?

What a load of balls. The IRA were a more persistent and deadly problem, and yet none of the invasiveness omnipresent nowadays was used back then.
The IRA normally didn't fly planes into buildings. The IRA normally didn't kill civilians. The IRA normally dialled in warning messages........you catch my drift yet?

Not just America! My boy (6yrs) got searched in Flesland, Bergen. I did not like it at all. Senior security type person explained to Mrs Skjold that the detector was also set to sound at random intervals. Had nothing to do with him trying to sneak 4 toy cars through security after I'd told him to leave them at home.

SK

p.s

The IRA normally didn't fly planes into buildings. The IRA normally didn't kill civilians. The IRA normally dialled in warning messages........you catch my drift yet? The IRA didnt normally kill civilians ?? Just what planet are you on ???

The IRA normally didn't fly planes into buildings. The IRA normally didn't kill civilians. The IRA normally dialled in warning messages........you catch my drift yet?
Should be:

The IRA mostly killed civilians.

this is down to two things, the TSA employing people that should be asking "do you want frys" and then putting them into a postion where theres no comeback

try looking at any US law enforcment forum and you'll find stories of TSA "officers" upto allsorts from the minor things like trying to get out of tickets by claiming to be law enforcment (they have badges with the DHS seal and title officer) to major drug offenses and the like, all the while missing things like septics exporting illegal handguns onto the streets of the UK

i thought the ARRSE contingent was all for common sense?

looking at the video it's not common sense. that girl quite obviously didn't have a bomb on her.

Actually, they didn't. They were actually quite good at avoiding civvys. They killed 1,824 up intil 2001, only 620 were civvys. Not bad odds considering the type of warfare they were waging.
Then I stand corrected, what I remember most is the incidents such as the Shankill type bombs - but didn't bother checking my facts.

Then I stand corrected, what I remember most is the incidents such as the Shankill type bombs - but didn't bother checking my facts.
No worries. Keep it under your hat though. I don't want people seeing me post sensible stuff!!

i thought the ARRSE contingent was all for common sense?

looking at the video it's not common sense. that girl quite obviously didn't have a bomb on her.
You can't be too careful.

matt2.gif

The naievety of some of the do gooders in our society never ceases to amase me.

Stop assuming that everyone loves their kids and would do anything to keep them out of harms way. The Mutant Underclass of our society often use their kids as a means of evading capture and prosecution for the offences they commit. I know of atleast two 10 year old brothers who deal drugs on behalf of their older brother for an absolute fact and this is not rare I just haven't caught any more yet.

The majority of female shoplifters go equipped with their kids in order to prevent detection, avoid arrest or quite often assist in the offence.

I have found a wrap of heroin the size of an adults fist in a childs pepper pig lunch box.

I have unfortunately read about small children exploding in parts of the middle east and killing civilians and foreign troops.

Come into the real world folks. I don't know about the rest of you but when I'm flying I like the idea that everyone has been well and truly scrutinized, searched and in future all being well, vetted.

I leave you all with this thought:

Schoolgirl who dreamed of going to Oxford gunned down by gang as she queued in takeaway | Mail Online