Yamaha Grizzly 450 Dual throttle control assy

Discussion in 'REME' started by miserable git, Oct 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello all.

Does anyone know how/if/where I could possibly get hold of the dual throttle, (Qtr throttle on the left handlebar - Normal thumb throttle on the right), cable assembly for the in-service Yamaha Grizzly 450.

I know these were supplied exclusively by Yamaha UK to the MOD but after months of searching places like modsales.com for a used one, I have failed to find one.

I will pay V good money for one of these so if you have one sat on your CAST park please give me a shout.

Many thanks

MG

2. Steven - many thanks for that link - V V useful to have but that assembly doesnt have the throttle lever on the LHS - only the starter cable.

From memory the cable itself is a 'Y' shape as it effectively splits the cable to the 2 throttle controls.

The quest continues...

Many thanks mate.

MG

3. Try the link below.

There are different models for this fine machine, punch in the correct year, scroll down for one for yours from the list, and it gives a choice of parts including controls with schematic drawing and part numbers.

Yamaha OEM Parts - Cheap Cycle Parts

4. Again - a very good link and thanks for taking the time to reply.

Unfortunately as this was a modification done by Yamaha UK specifically for the MOD, its very unlikely I'd find a new one, (Ive already approached Yamaha UK and they will not sell these retail).

I think my best bet is if one the fine Gentlemen of the REME knows where one is attached to a 450 which is awaiting disposal!

Many thanks again Arte and Steven.

MG