Yall a Yankee?

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by RCSignals, Dec 12, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I love this!

"46% Yankee...barely in the Yankee category." Hmmm. Maybe it's because Dad is from a long line of Southern Scots-Irish (I know, that term isn't used in the UK). Is California considered a Yankee state anyway? :?
  2. Shows that time spent with 3 (US) Army corrupted me more than I thought. 51% and right on the Mason Dixon line......jes' call me Bubba....
  3. 52% (Dixie). Right on the Mason-Dixon Line

Strange, considering I'm a Yankee by birth!
  4. Yeah, I'm a Yank. What of it?
  5. Has my dream come true? Have they really sawn Scotland and Ireland off and floated them down to the South Atlantic? Is there anything that the Septics can't do?
  6. Oh boy, now theres an invitation to either abuse or erudite discussion that one doesn't often receive.........
  7. Fang_Farrier

Fang_Farrier LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

33% (Yankee). You are definitely a Yankee.

Strange because the couple of times I've been to the US it was Florida!
  8. My first act in the morning is to thank God i'm not american (that comment may get some flack|)
  9. 44% (Yankee). Barely in the Yankee category.

I need some more mint juleps!!!!
  10. <Are those puppies your own roxygirl?
  11. "79% (Dixie). Your neck must be at least pink!"

Um... oops
  12. 20% (Yankee). Wow. You are a reigning duke of Yankeedom!

#9 Grinder is what we call a long sandwich with lots of cold cuts and toppings in michigan too.
    #18B i am from michigan, and devils night is for arson

this test was very accurate for me (it scored me as always from midwest or great lakes (all the midwest states are great lake states.) unfortunately 60 years of TV (and other things)has basically killed the once very strong regionalism, and several dozen accents extra into blaa...

new england accent (no longer dominant in new england)
  13. it's funny you should say that,it my first act every morning to thank god you are not an american too.
  14. 33% (Yankee). You are definitely a Yankee

Strange as i have never been to the states and have no desire to either.

Must be watching all them crap comedy shows they send all over the world