Yakuza Photographed

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Andy_S, Sep 1, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Interesting photo essay on Japanese gangstas.

I was wondering to myself what financial sense it made for the photog to spend years negotiating with the Yaks just to produce a short photo essay - then I saw the last shot, in which our man gets his reward: Needless to say, it features hostesses, money and the chap's trous.

IOW, being a gangsta IS all it's cracked up to be.

BBC News - Today - In pictures: The Yakuza

2. [​IMG]

Raid on yakuza headquarters
    Police officers enter the headquarters of Japan's largest crime syndicate the Yamaguchi-gumi in Kobe, western Japan, on June 10, 2011. The police were investigating a case involving a yakuza boss, who was arrested on suspicion of playing golf using a false name at a golf course that bans gangsters. (Kyodo)

Funny lot the Yakuza, they operate and act like a proper business.

QUAKE IN JAPAN - GANGSTERS - QUAKE IN JAPAN - GANGSTERS - Gang in Kobe Organizes Aid for People In Quake - NYTimes.com

3. "arrested on suspicion of playing golf using a false name"

******* A.

4. Would work in a film though would it... really.

Untouchables II.

5. Until you have to cut your fingers off ecause of a mistake... or worse, you get gutted.

Sunoficcarus, like many 'illegal' gangs and organisations they were originally a form of self help/governance. Even the KKK were originally set up to help their own members, manly the Irish emigrees to America. The American Mafia also.

6. The Hong Kong Triads and Mainland 'Black Societies' had their origins in the 'Heaven and Earth Society' of the 1700s. They were basically an underground resistance movement opposing the Manchu conquerors.

7. As the KKK were and are notoriously anti catholic they were not set up to help Irish anything, you are a little confused there.

8. When I was living on the Gold Coast in the 80's and early 90's I used to see the yakuza types wandering around covered in ink and picking their noses with missing fingers. Didn't seem like the type to tangle with.

9. Andy_S

Andy_S LE Book Reviewer

Carrots:

SNIP
    The Hong Kong Triads and Mainland 'Black Societies' had their origins in the 'Heaven and Earth Society' of the 1700s. They were basically an underground resistance movement opposing the Manchu conquerors
    SNIP

Indeed, and the warrior/outlaw/pirate king/hardman Coxinga was part of their network too. I suspect if it came to H2H, he would have most modern-day Yakuza (and Triads) for breakfast. Ahhh...they were the days.

I never quite got how the Japanese 'Black Dragons' got involved on the mainland in the early years of the 20th century, acting as agents provocateurs in Japan's play for Manchuria and China, though. Sources would be apprecited, if anyone is knowledgeable.

Likewise, anything on Ito Hirobumi, TIA.

10. Hang him!

11. **** yakuza **** japanese chauvanism, the PLA would make these ass bandits pay with a bullet in the face!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Snake Plissken makes Chuck Norris cry.

13. Skake Pisshead isn't even a real person.

Bunch of tattoo-covered Japanese poofs.