Yahoo Mail has gone tits up 05092019

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Anyone serious hacking Yahoo is more likely to start quietly trawling through emails looking for stuff like bank account details they can exploit than knock the site offline. After of course, they've tried to access the application logs to delete evidence of their intrusion.

Wordsmith
I sincerely hope so, they can then see how poor I am and put some money in towards my overdraft! :cool:

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
I sincerely hope so, they can then see how poor I am and put some money in towards my overdraft! :cool:
I was more interesting in reading the 437 emails you'd sent to the CO's making your case to be a moderator.

And very interesting they were too...

Wordsmith

endure

GCM
Yahoo have done a good job for me for over a decade, why change. This is a glitch which many IT firms have perirnced over the past few years.

I am happy with the service I get from Yahoo.

What email providers do other people use them - what is considered the best?

Get your own domain. They usually have 2 or 3 mailboxes attached to them. I'm with gandi.net. £6 a year for a co.uk domain with 2x3GB email addresses.

Edited to add: You could have the domain Auld-Yin.co.uk... :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Yahoo have done a good job for me for over a decade, why change. This is a glitch which many IT firms have perirnced over the past few years.

I am happy with the service I get from Yahoo.

What email providers do other people use them - what is considered the best?
Gmail is my go to email provider.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I was more interesting in reading the 437 emails you'd sent to the CO's making your case to be a moderator.

And very interesting they were too...

Wordsmith
So my fans have hacked my account to send those emails - how humbling! :cool:

BT Yahoo mail shits the bed about every six weeks. It's just a question of how badly. It was all supposed to have been "transferred to a new BT service" ages ago, but exactly the same problems persist.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
It's much more likely that the entire Yahoo email system was nobbled after being flooded by Arrsers sending PMs to @Auld-Yin saying 'Not another Brexit thread FFS!'.
There you go again, blame Brexit! FFS get a grip! :flower:

IrishGuard

Old-Salt
I use Yahoo Mail for forums such as this, however I would never depend on it for household or business use.

I have been with Yahoo for some time and remember this sorry tale which is now treated as a joke,

Yahoo refuses to buy Google for $1 million. Yahoo realizes its miítake and tries to buy Google for $3 billion. Google says “Give us 55 billion", Yahoo says no. Yahoo refuses to be sold to Microsoft for $40 billion dollars. Yahoo sold for $4.6 billion to Verizon. - iFunny :)

Yes, remember this till today..as I had a couple of just graduated college buddies who jumped ship from Yahoo to Google.

In a way ironic that its most profitable income and value of capitalization is from its stake in the Chinese company Alibaba.

I have 3 accounts
G Mail for close friends/family
Hotmail for contacts that I am reasonably sure won't sell the address on
Yahoo for those I don't trust and think will sell it on
and so far it works for me
I have a very similar approach and set up ... all via Thunderbird ... works well for me

Latest Threads