Yahoo Mail has gone tits up 05092019

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
After EE removed our "complimentary" email addresses which dated from Wanadoo days, I now have a MS Outlook email address and a backup Gmail address just in case. Both of these have proven to be ok, although of the two I prefer the Outlook service.

I also have a company Office365 email account
I have yahoo fed into Outlook do have the benefits/pains of both. Outlook has been a pain recently.

I have 3 accounts
G Mail for close friends/family
Hotmail for contacts that I am reasonably sure won't sell the address on
Yahoo for those I don't trust and think will sell it on
and so far it works for me

That means even less than nothing to me, any chance of that in real English? :D
InboxKitten for when you don't want to get spammed by revealing your real email address

Yahoo being a prime example of being notorious for it's users being massive spam targets

It's the start of the North Korean Brexit invasion!! To the bunkers!!

Awol

LE
Yahoo have done a good job for me for over a decade, why change. This is a glitch which many IT firms have perirnced over the past few years.

I am happy with the service I get from Yahoo.

What email providers do other people use them - what is considered the best?
I've had Yahoo for at least twenty years and about 100 billion people (mostly in Nigeria, it seems) know it as my email address. I don't see the problem with it, it works as well as any other more recent email. I have others, but why get rid of Yahoo, when so many people have it as my return address?

Sky used to use GMail for it's branded SKY email, it was pretty lousy then. Since they migrated to Yahoo it's been quite stable until today

Yahoo back from the void of the net.

Think Yahoo is back up and running....well, mine is anyway.

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Looks like 100 billion people are trying to log on

Yahoo's global email service is experiencing a fault making it impossible for users to send and receive messages or make use of their webmail accounts. In the UK, the problem has also affected BT, Sky and TalkTalk's email accounts, which are powered by the US brand's service.

Downdetector indicates that the problem began at 07:00 BST
Yahoo says it is "working diligently" to solve the problem.
The business is owned by the US communications firm Verizon.

"Yahoo is currently experiencing a global outage, which means that many of our customers are unable to access their BT Yahoo email accounts," said a spokesman for BT. "Yahoo is working to fix the issue as quickly as possible, we're sorry for any inconvenience caused." TalkTalk and Sky have also tweeted about the matter.

More to follow but not by email

Yup, it's processing emails again but nothing between from 06:30 this morning in my inbox. I'd normally get about 30-40 in a morning.

Wordsmith

LE
Book Reviewer
No email today and on checking it appears that Yahoo Mail has had a major outage problem. Happened a few hours ago but still in place. Nice and quiet with no emails! :)

Another hacking issue starting? Strange how these things happen at either the start or end of university academic years! :rolleyes:
Anyone serious hacking Yahoo is more likely to start quietly trawling through emails looking for stuff like bank account details they can exploit than knock the site offline. After of course, they've tried to access the application logs to delete evidence of their intrusion.

Wordsmith

smeg-head

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer

Latest Threads