Discussion in 'Officers' started by Treadstone81, Nov 18, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  2. Shouldn't it be Treadstone 71? Or are you getting your name from elsewhere?

In the interview I'd just be yourself. If you come across as broadly intelligent and well rounded you'll be allowed onto the next stage without too much problem if memory serves.
  3. Tell him like guns. Really, really like guns.
    Then stroke his leg. You'll be fine.
  4. tell him you asked on here.
    What do you want? There's no cheat sheet.

He might ask about your folks, your hobbies, your sexual tendencies, drugs, school, interests, what you know about the army. Anything. But don't bother lying, it'll get found out eventually.
  5. Pre 1998(?) - ' do you have a girlfriend?' If 'no'. 'Why not? Not GAY are you? Fancy men, eh, eh, SPEAK UP MAN!'.

Seriously (not that above isn't true)...

You don't say whether you're 17 and at Hogwarts still or you're 40, and looking for LE. I'll assume the former because an LE wouldn't trust his career to ARRSE; although I may be wrong.
    At this first stage it's general background and sorting the no-hopes from the possibles, so expect lots about your education, are you a prefect, what are your hobbies etc. Moving on to why the army, why the arm/regiment etc. then into moral stuff - could you kill? (note - 'yes please' is generally accepted to be a wrong answer), etc. Be prepared to answer lots about the papers so gen up on current affairs.

However, the fundamental one that any CO wants to find out is "what gives you the right to command my men in battle". Don't bullsh'ite it; if you don't know, your men won't either, and you've no right to impose yourself on the army my friend. The men come first, second and third; we come nowhere; that's the ideal anyway. If you believe that you're half way there.

Hope that helps.
  6. I was on a potential officer interview not long ago. It was a very straight forward and conversational interview. I showed up and we talked with a Major, watched some videos, and then had a one on one interview with the major.

Lots of questions on my background, education, etc. Just like talking over a cup of coffee, so don't sweat it and just be yourself.
  7. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  8. If you don't know, say "I don't know". Bluffing it will make you look stupid.

(A good rle generally, I would say)

9. yes but pass or fail?
  10. Further point, ensure that you have read the Big Papers recently and are aware of what is going on in the big bad world. Some idea of what is going on in the areas in which we are deployed, and why we have been depolyed, should be of use.
  11. Be yourself and don't waffle.
  12. And if he touches you, tell someone.
  13. :lol: :lol: Jesus, thought this was one of the dullest threads ever before I read that - laugh? I nearly paid my mess bill!
  14. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

If are are trying to join a cavalry regiment, don't forget to mention that you really do believe that female soldiers are just mere playthings at your beck and call to be shagged whenever you want - especially AGC clerks.

Mind you if you were trying to join the cavalry I suppose you wouldn't be having a PO interview, they would just need to check out which swathe of England Daddy owns, and your Pony Club membership number.
  15. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx