XMG sanger goes.....

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spike7451, Feb 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Today contractors on behalf of the Army began the task of dismantling the sanger at Crossmaglen Police Station which is the last significant military installation in South Armagh.

DCU Commander Chief Superintendent Bobby Hunniford said: "This is a significant step as part of the ongoing normalisation process and bringing policing to the community in South Armagh. The police are committed to delivering an effective service to the Newry and Mourne area and are already policing in the area without military support, and delivering a policing service using vehicles and beat patrols.

http://www.modoracle.com/news/detail.h2f?id=12620

And so with it goes the memory of all the slain military & police.

2. Someone's phot is somewhat out of date, Borucki came down in summer 2000!

3. I think its the other one they were bringing down maybe ?

4. It did

Here's how it looks now

[​IMG]

Picture courtesy of them

5. "Spy towers".......What planet are they on. It is well known that human genomes have no basis on terrorist DNA. Namely that most terrorists don't know who daddy was........possibly never will!

I spent many a miserable night in XMG and am happily never going to be there again, however am hacked off that it is being removed for the good of the minority.

The locals were a pain in the nuts on each and every tour that I spent there, however always needed a medic when babies were born or farm accidents happened. I treated them as I would one of my own.

Bitter and very twisted at this.........

fastmedic

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Feck!Typical MoD!!!! Cant even get a photo right!

7. I LOVED the place

BT :thumright:

8. I read on that website they are still complaining of VCP's why should they be complaining they dont stop for things like searching for terroists, the police only stop for speed and tax now.

9. There was never anything remotely resembling 'normal' in that place. :frustrated:

10. It was always a sh1thole. RUC Inspector told me that during WW2 they used to smuggle tea etc and made a fortune! No change there then only substitute cattle, red diesel etc.

11. Four Spy Posts sit majestically...

Does this not imply appreciation.

Ah they'll miss it now its gone.

12. Ah XMG! Spotty McCabe, boggy fields and the underwear thief....Many happy memories of the place, including a very interesting time when we were terrorising the terrorists. Would like to go back sometime if only to take a beer or two in the pub at the bottom left hand corner of the square (name?) where we were warned the bad people drank....