Xmas Media: iPod Banned. What's Your Solution?

Discussion in 'Hardware - PCs, Consoles, Gadgets' started by Tremaine, Dec 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So it's Christmas, without wishing to state the bleedin' obvious, time for videos and music for a bit of atmosphere and to keep the kids and women happy. Perhaps try synching some CD's, videos and MP3's on to a media player and stick it on a dock. Easy solution and saves swapping CD's, arguments and a whole load of hassle. Simple? is it fcuk.

But don't I just loathe my iChod, control freak b@stard thing , can't do this, can't do that.. Not cheap from Dubai either, 64 GB brick as far as this c/s is concerned and thrown in the cupboard for the duration.

Is it really best just to throw the CD's in a player, smart phone/Netbook in the HDMI telly, or a Lappy with speakers, as I'm thinking, or should I have invested in a different digital media system this Christmas.

Happy Christmas to all, anyway.

Trem'

2. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

You should have gone with either a samsung or Toshia tablet - bot have a usb port and can simply run everywith - problem is the interface is crappy.

3. Thanks

Methinks this digital media malarkey's a tad overrated and over sold, and the gadgets are nowhere near as intelligent as you'd think. I have a tablet but , standalone, the sound would be pretty poor. Nay bother just using a CD player and or a HDMI Lappy, hooked up to a big telly. Just my opinion and no offence meant.