Xmas 2011 - Fancy Helping ARRSE?

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by Bad CO, Dec 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

Xmas Shopping .... we all hate it, but it is a necessary evil to placate significant others, nearest and dearest, etc.

Like many people, I end up doing most of mine via Amazon due to a winning combination of their convenience/rapid delivery versus my laziness. What you may not be aware of is that they operate an affiliate scheme which means that if you come to them via another site (like us) then they pay that site a % of the total price? In effect this then generates an income for the site (i.e us!) at nil extra cost to you.

So if you're doing your shopping at Amazon anyway why not help us out by clicking here first.

We also have the link on the front page (top right) and you can find further details on this page.

Thanks for the thought!
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I always use the link if I shop at Amazon or Ebay.

Happy to help!
  3. I buy all my books on Amazon. Great site and very cheap. Most of my books cost less than a note. I'll use the link from now on.
  4. The amount of stuff I've bought off Amazon over the last 2 years should mean they give money back to me.

I do love my Denby, and shoes, and books, and shoes, and clothes, and CDs, and DVDs, and guess what? Shoes.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

Don't you find it difficult to jog on wearing those, lass?
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Bugger, I didn't know.
    I just bought stuff off them two days ago.

7. HHH

HHH LE

What about putting the links to the 3 sites on the "Last 50 & New Posts" pages now the panel for the new posts is away. (I know you now have the "This Tribe" ad there now, but they could go under it )
  8. I've just spent another £70 as well, including this as a Christmas present for my dad:

That will learn him for not getting me a pony.
  9. You want the moon on a stick don't you? The links are on the home page. See that button, top left that says "Home", that will take you to it.

It's like herding cats.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. HHH

HHH LE

How often are you on the home page compared to the Last 50 though ?
  11. Whenever I want to buy something from Amazon. Thicko. I never go to Last 50 anyway, I prefer New Posts.

It's not rocket science.

12. HHH

HHH LE

It is to me.
  13. Yep use it. Got an inflatable walking frame for my sister's 60th birthday and a belly button brush. Down loaded some music and got £2 off the next download, every little helps
  14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

I agree with HHH, actually, slug. so chinny on. how about putting the links at the top of each page? you wouldnt forget then.

those shoes are very nice btw - I didnt realise they did them in a size 10.
  15. I rarely go to the home page, but always look at new posts and would say that it's the best spot for the Amazon Ad.

Having said that, I was aware of the link and use it for any Amazon purchase.