XBox360 vs Playstation 3

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Mr Happy, Nov 3, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

The wife is away and I fancy some alien blasting 1st player shoot em up. Should I buy the 360 now or hang on for the PS3?

Informed comments, good natured jibes and rumours all welcome
  2. If it was me, I would hang on for the PS3, as traditionally Sony have been stonger in this market than anyone, but each to his own

PS3 v XBOX 360

edited to add - looks like the PS3 wont be available until March 07, so 360 it is then
  3. 360 - its out now and the games are more adult orientated - I havemine connected by HD to an LCD and the graphics are stunning. Call of Duty 2 is the biz - especially the desert campaign (Crusader tanks, bren gun carriers, .303 rifle, sten guns - but one dodgy character with a maroon beret!

I can't see the PS3 being any better than the 360, plus it looks like it won't be ready for x-mas
  4. If your wife is away mate you should be down the pub trying to get a ride from some slapper not playing games. get a life.
  5. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Babysitting the 5 month old. I suppose I could phone-a-whore but what would I do with her body when I'm done with her? I can't go digging in the neighbours garden again they've just got a new dog.
  6. If you want to blast aliens, play Halo and Halo 2 on the XBox 360, awesome stuff. Halo 3 will be out a day or two before Playstation 3 in 2007; for an idea of the quality of graphics you can expect, check out the Halo 3 trailer on the Bungie website.
  7. Dont you have a patio?
  8. If you want to do some virtual blatting why not get yourself a copy of Battlefeild2 for the PC and join our games clan

We’ve got our own BF2 server and there are quite a few ARRSErs in the membership, we also have regular games against the guys from E-Goat if you fancy a bit of crab bashing.

9. oooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh why do you do it???????????
  10. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

I've BF2 already so I'll have a go at looking at the clan later. Trouble with BF2 is my ISDN thing is a bit wonky. And the games got too much armour in it.

Mr H
  11. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Its full under there. Its already 3' higher than the patio doors due to the number of hacked up sl ags I've had to stick under it.
  12. We can customise our server to take all vehicles out of the match :D
  13. Guys listen to yourselvs, you must be the GEEK squad.
  14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Personally I like playing with 14 year olds..
  15. Go for the 360 - Sony is full of hype - bet it is recalled in the first few months - and Halo (1&2) were definately the best games ever - can't wait for Halo 3