xbox/ps3 mouse keyboard

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by ark-angel, Apr 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As the title says has anyone got one and does it work. Seen a few artichokes on t'interweb but i would be interested if anyone has tried them and do they work???

2. why would you want one?

3. Just for the ease of playing shooters. Tried to use my mates xbox and i cant hit shite with those game pad things. Mouse /Keyboard warrior only.

4. Practice makes perfect my young padawan

5. NO im just too old for that young shite. Will stick to knocking shit out of idiots who think they are good at TF2.

Sticking with the PC just thought an xbox might be ok if it took Mouse/Keyboard.

6. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

I've looked into this for the PS3. The console supports the use of standard mice and keyboards via the USB ports, however they only really work for menu navigation and text input in the system menu screens. They don't work in games unless the game is specifically designed to support them. Few are.

If you're really keen on using a mouse, you can (or could... May be discontinued now) buy a very weird and expensive controller whose name escapes me right now, but is basically a standard pad cut in half with the right stick converted into a mouse rollerball and the left looking like the Wiimote nunchuck. I'll Google it for you once I'm off the shitter.

Sent from my X10i, probably from the loo, using Tapatalk.

7. BrunoNoMedals

8. Ta Bruno but i think i will be sticking to PC and the ultimate control system. Been trying to play TF2 this morning using a 360 pad on the PC and i just cant get my head around it. As for actually trying to shoot some peasant forget it.

9. BrunoNoMedals

Thank you, Captain Obvious, for that copy and paste from my previous post.

Probable spammer?

10. BrunoNoMedals

Well that's obviously bollocks... No-one ever agrees with my views.

Plus, it isn't a view so much as a statement of fact.

11. BrunoNoMedals

When I first checked out the SplitFish the only bad reviews were from people who didn't use it complaining that those who did were overpowered when they went online!

12. I was an avid PC CoD player not all that long ago. Switched to Xbox, was shite at first, but you get the hang of it really quickly. Just have to grin and bare it - after two weeks of playing I was just as good as I was with a mouse and keyboard, and now I'm a bit better if anything.

Just got to run through single player on a couple of FPS's and you pick it up mucho quicko.

13. In that case, I've got to get me one!

Q

14. There probably wouldn't be much point; auto aim plus mouse and keyboard is death. PC gaming's definitely the way to go, in my view.